Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Cockpit fuzzy compared to FSX

In FSX my cockpits are crystal clear and the colors sharp but in P3D they are fuzzy/blurry and washed out.

Thoughts please?

spacer.png

For a clear cockpit you have to set FXAA OFF. Perhaps thats the reason?

I will try that when I get home, cheers.

Any other factors?

spacer.png

It's definitely FXAA. I don't like how it works because when it's off the rest of the sim is jaggy.

You'll want to setup a nvidia inspector profile

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you set SGSS in Inspector though, be prepared for the FPS hit. Its a big hit in P3D.

Im using nothing but 8x AA in game now. No inspector in use at all. Its not as great looking as FSX used to be in terms of AA but it sure helps perf.

Hmm, well I like my cockpits sharp andso maybe for now Im back to FSX:SE.  I cant manage my cockpits with blurry gauges.

spacer.png

I have no issues with blurry gauges, without knowing your hardware and software setup for P3D I can't comment on why you have Blurry gauges.....I find in 4K I have the best experience in P3D over FSX and FSX:SE

Indeed mine is crystal clear with 4k, fsx se will never come close

Hmm, well I like my cockpits sharp andso maybe for now Im back to FSX:SE.  I cant manage my cockpits with blurry gauges.

enjoy your fsx se bud

Indeed mine is crystal clear with 4k, fsx se will never come close

enjoy your fsx se bud

Ha!  Indeed I do NOT enjoy my FSuX SE.

spacer.png