Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

---- User Manual ----

Hello,

I have purchased the ChasePlane yesterday and looks promising....but for the time being could not enjoy too much, I am a bit stuck with the setup process :)

The tool is connecting to my p3dv4.1 on windows10. I have deactivated the win10 built in gaming mode as per advised in the manual.

I am trying to setup the cameras for the pmdg 737. Somehow ChasePlane blocks the buttons on my pro flight yoke system; the buttons are OK in the p3d settings menu, but they do not work/visible in the game and in the fsuipc. I have switched on the experimental mode, since then the buttons are OK in the game as well, but still not recognized by the fsuipc.

Also, yesterday the scroll zoom was working, today it is not working anymore, however I only switched off and on the computer between :)

Any support would be appreciated

Thanks.

Tibor

Tibor

i7-10700k, RTX 2080 Super, 32Gb

Hi!

We have made a tutorial for Control assignments: 

Let me if that covers everything or if you need more help setting those up!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello Keven,

Thanks for your fast reply! I had a close look yesterday on the video and made my settings accordingly. It seems most of my problems have been solved.

My fsuipc still does not recognise the yoke buttons, but I try to find some solution for this on Pete's forum.

So far, so good :)

Thanks,

Tibor

Tibor

i7-10700k, RTX 2080 Super, 32Gb

Hello, im having out of memory issues when using Chaseplane with FSX Steam. By the end of my 1hr flight VAS is in the red and my computer starts beeping. This is a result of exhausted memory. Not sure why, I'v never had ools before loading up chaseplane with FSX Steam. Iv tried a number of config changes and nothing is fixing this. The end result is this. I have to stop using Chaseplane with FSX Steam. I mean, i have tons of ORBX scenery files loaded and even at max setting iv never had out of memory warnings or error before using Chaseplane.

What is the problem? How much ram is this thing using? I mean, I'm running Win 7 with 16gigs.

Also, i do not have these problems with P3DV4. Only Steam.

Please fix this. Impossible to use under FSX Steam. Surely there has to be a solution here.

Thanks

1 minute ago, mikie46 said:

Hello, im having out of memory issues when using Chaseplane with FSX Steam. By the end of my 1hr flight VAS is in the red and my computer starts beeping. This is a result of exhausted memory. Not sure why, I'v never had ools before loading up chaseplane with FSX Steam. Iv tried a number of config changes and nothing is fixing this. The end result is this. I have to stop using Chaseplane with FSX Steam. I mean, i have tons of ORBX scenery files loaded and even at max setting iv never had out of memory warnings or error before using Chaseplane.

What is the problem? How much ram is this thing using? I mean, I'm running Win 7 with 16gigs.

Also, i do not have these problems with P3DV4. Only Steam.

Please fix this. Impossible to use under FSX Steam. Surely there has to be a solution here.

Thanks

Hi,

ChasePlane does not use VAS.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Is there anyone running FSX Steam and Chaseplane? Tonight im going to just use FSUIPC for everything and test this out, without Chaseplane. Because iv never had Out Of Memory errors before. So its go something to do with Chaseplane because i haven't added or updated a single thing in FSX Steam in months. Instead, howabout looking into the problem?

Never had this! And VAS has nothing to do with your RAM! 

By testing with a ORBX scenery the VAS is exactly the same...with or without CP!

Amazing Program I must say, really well done.

is there anyway to go back to the previous camera (Not Preset) as P3D has it with the Shift+S key?

Thank you so much for such a wonderful program!

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Hello has all! I am really happy to have to buy ChasePlane! I discover with pleasure Replay! It would be possible in the future to be able to register(record) these Playback as FSRecorder in the good time(weather)

Could someone please explain to me what the "Walkaround" mode does - and how to use it? I see a "sit/Walkaround" key binding but can't seem to make it do anything!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

3 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Could someone please explain to me what the "Walkaround" mode does - and how to use it? I see a "sit/Walkaround" key binding but can't seem to make it do anything!

Adam.

I too would like to know. It would be nice to see a video clip of it's operation.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Very simple...

In Static Camera Mode, you move the camera to the ground and you are in Walkaround mode. Moving up will escape the Walkaround mode.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

6 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Very simple...

In Static Camera Mode, you move the camera to the ground and you are in Walkaround mode. Moving up will escape the Walkaround mode.

Thanks, Keven! That still doesn't tell us what Walkaround mode does though, LOL! .... but ...

I tried some more experiments last night and discovered something I hadn't noticed before: that when "anchored" to ground level, the camera imitates the slight bobbing of your head as you walk. The "sit" key does indeed quickly toggle a slightly lower viewpoint. I hadn't seen any difference before as I'd had the camera slightly above ground level.

I was [wrongly] imagining Walkaround mode to somehow be a series of views operating as a sort of cinematic macro, cycling/pivoting around the aircraft.

Are scripts/macros planned for future enhancements? I'm sure video makers would love it.

Incidentally (wrong place to report a problem I know, but) - my views never fade to black in cinematic mode. What am I doing wrong?

Such an *amazing* utility, Keven - keep it up!!!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Walkaround really is as simple as moving to the ground in Static Mode, there is nothing more to it at this time. We will be looking into ways to script walkarounds but we aren’t there yet!

For the Cinematic Fade in/out, make sure HDR is enabled in sim

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42