Sign in to follow this  
historian

Why the need for an active internet connection

can't connect to the internet because of a sabotage, provider issues or natural disasters, what will you do then?

If you  cant  connect  to the internet  than I wouldn't  be  reading  this, natural disasters  than  you wouldn't  be  able  to use  anything then water  electricity  etc,  provider issues    so you  saying  provider issues last  more  than  a  day   than  than  do some  thing  else  than read a book :wink:

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If you cant connect to the internet than I wouldn't be reading this

Now Peter,

Please calm down sir, you're obviously taking this way too seriously  :wink:   I mean, what in the WORLD lead you to eject both Logic and Reason into this discussion - and do both in a single post!  :Shame On You:  Certainly a step towards the end of the pier, if not over the edge.  :smile:

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The major problem with this product is your lose it if your internet goes down. Its just wrong.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The major problem with this product is your lose it if your internet goes down. Its just wrong.

Doesn't  the  fsl  require to have  internet  connection  as well?  beside  how  often  does  your  internet  connection  goes  down. sure  you  can find  some thing  else   to do in the mean  time  unless  its  every  day   you lose you  connection  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Re FSL: Neither plane requires a live internet connection every time, it's online activation, but the rest is "offline mode".

It's because of this "feature" why I keep ASN despite using AS16, but is there a "plan B" for ChasePlane, as well?

Doesn't  the  fsl  require to have  internet  connection  as well?  beside  how  often  does  your  internet  connection  goes  down. sure  you  can find  some thing  else   to do in the mean  time  unless  its  every  day   you lose you  connection

The point imo is that its a camera addon, that BTW I love, but I see no reason to be online to use it. Does EZDOC need you to be? does TrackIR need you to be? I could name many more....

How good my internet connections is, has nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If it is that important to you, why did you buy ChasePlane - the need for an active internet connection has been known from the beginning and is clearly stated on the product page.

and  yet users  still complain even  though  what you have  stated

How good my internet connections is, has nothing to do with it.

actually  thought  it  was  since if  you your internet  connection drops  out  every  day  there  would  be  a issue

Peter kelberg

Make this a sticky and make people aware that we need not only internet connection but your end needs to be working also, so you dont ground us all.

If you make us need a live connection, then we need you do also be live 24/7 let today be the perfect reason why this has to stop.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, think an offline mode needs added similar to steam & origin, they can do online pings with their servers from time to time but say connection issue you should be able to select continue as offline - went to fly the fslabs this morning got everything all setup then chaseplane wouldn't work as the server is down....... Grounded :/

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Make this a sticky and make people aware that we need not only internet connection but your end needs to be working also, so you dont ground us all.

If you make us need a live connection, then we need you do also be live 24/7 let today be the perfect reason why this has to stop.

one  day it  down and  you start complaining   got nothing  else  to do,  why  not just delete  chase  plane  and use ezdok

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, islandking said:

If I knew it was online use only, I would not have bought it. I should have stuck to EZDok.

it  was  already  stated on the product  page  you need  internet  connection to use  chase plane

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg

O Really Pete!!!! let me explain as your so very much want to put people down for wanting off line Pete.

The wife goes out on a Sunday morning and we go out in the afternoon  for a long walk with the dog so the perfect time for me to fly is a Sunday morning. Dont you tell me to go do something else who do you think you are???

I spent my money on chase plane I dont think they or you should  say delete it and use ezdok!!! 

You Pete think we would be online 24/7 well there not. Am not asking them to be and like wise we should not have to be to use something we buy and then  makes the sim INOP when we have a window to do our hobbies.

When we choose to fly and spent our free time has nothing to do with you so dont tell people what they should do with there free time.  

• Upvote 9

So  ever  thought  that servers  do go  down  some  times  for  some  reasons or another,  and  that you knew  before hand  chase plane  needed  internet  connection.    and  the  dev  himself  he  is  working  on a offline  mode. 

Peter kelberg