Sign in to follow this  
Mudhen

Increase Voice Response Speed with ATC?

I run FSX on a very fast Win 10 system.  Is it possible to make the voice response time shorter when exchanging communication with ATC?  For example, when I request clearance to taxi, it takes quite a few seconds before ATC responds.  And there also seems to be some dead air when I make a request from ATC.

I'm using EDITVOICEPACK to speed up the actual conversation but I wonder if I can close the gap on voice response.  I only ask because I was doing some tweaking last week and after asking clearance to transition class C airspace, ATC responded almost immediately.  There was virtually no other chatter on the channel.  Don't know why that happened but I'd like it to always be that way if possible.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am not aware of any way to speed up ATC's response time.  Sometimes it's fast, other times I think the ATC was sipping on coffee and needed to finish before communicating.

There is meant to be a pause to make it as real as it gets.  In the RW, ATC don't answer immediately, it takes a second or two to think about the response.

IAN

I know the RW involves pauses. After spending this evening pursuing this I think I must be crazy. Or the planet is spinning too fast. Now there is no delay. Maybe if I increase AI traffic I'll see a pause again. But at this point the exchanges are quick. No bug. Sorry to have taken your time.

Now my only challenge is to get the Progressive Taxi option to display in the ATC window after I've requested taxi clearance. Don't know what I could have done to make that disappear. Maybe it'll come back tomorrow. Or else I'll have to get airport diagrams and taxi without that crutch. It's a challenge finding my way to the active in the dark.

I know the RW involves pauses. After spending this evening pursuing this I think I must be crazy. Or the planet is spinning too fast. Now there is no delay. Maybe if I increase AI traffic I'll see a pause again. But at this point the exchanges are quick. No bug. Sorry to have taken your time.

Now my only challenge is to get the Progressive Taxi option to display in the ATC window after I've requested taxi clearance. Don't know what I could have done to make that disappear. Maybe it'll come back tomorrow. Or else I'll have to get airport diagrams and taxi without that crutch. It's a challenge finding my way to the active in the dark.

There is some cases where ATC won't assign a route to taxi to the runway (Usually caused by a problem in the AFCAD). Instead you'll just get a taxi clearance right to the runway. In these cases you will not get a progressive taxi option.

I found several matches for this bug. The one that fixed me was: in FSX select World/Map and change the plane heading by 1 degree. Worked! Magic. This can be closed. Thanks everyone for your ideas.