Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Flight1 MD80 IS OUT!

Hey Chase, I have to agree with you. The textures don't look anything up to the level that I'm used to seeing from Flight1. That is turning me the other way about getting this one. It lacks the reflective windows in VC. Plus I think the textures in general look cartoonish compared to anything I have seen from them. But as you said this seems modeled from an older product. Best regards, Jeff

Well, I can tell you this plane is awesome, the learning curve is rather large because of the systems involved to fly her properly, the panel and VC are among the best I've seen, and the framerates in both are THE BEST I've seen. The exterior model, IMO is top notch. This plane is an FS essential, no doubt about it. Hope this helps, gotta get back to flying her.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I own the Iron Knucles and the Jet city DC9's package. It doesn't financially make sence for me to throw more $$$ at this new product unless I can merge the panel with JC and IronK Aircraft.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I'm a bit disappointed (well just a little). Night flying once again is a no go (well almost) in another MD-80 release. After owning Lago's version for some time (with no gauge back lighting at all in the VC), I was hoping this offering would do a better job with night flying. It actually could except for the fact the landing lights are tied to the gauge backlighting (VC panel lighting). In order to see your instruments properly you have to have the landing lights on. There

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

No logo lights? That statement is not accurate. Skim through the manual a little and read about the lights. Jeff

Jeff

Guest captandy

Well I have been waiting for this rel since they announced it.I did not like the LAGO series at all for many reasons even after its latest patch.I hope this F1 product lives upto all of its other quality addons. Before I make the plunge could someone please tell me how the sounds are in comparison too LAGO's and the how are the visual aspects of the exterior compared with the outstanding JCA MD series.ThanksAndy

Jeff I read the manual... Maybe your thinking of the 2D panel (which comes alive properly with the dome light)... The VC and dome lighting don't look good together at 2200 hours. Dusk flying may be O.K. using the dome light but night operations is another story altogether...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I can't comment on the sounds other than by saying that you can barely hear the engine from the flight deck when you run them up. As far as the exterior goes, in my opinion, the Jet City models aren't all that great, I'm really not sure what the hype is? I used to work at McCarran and I would say that the exterior is a fairly accurate representation of real thing.Jeff

Jeff

I have a logo light switch on both the 2D and the VC. I didn't tell you to read the manual, I suggested you skim through the areas that talk about lighting. I wouldn't tell anybody to read the manual because it's a little annoying.Jeff

Jeff

Manual??? Whats a "manual" :-hmmmHaha.. :-lolYou guys have me convinced not to get her untill some things are revised. Looks like a nice model, but the VC not being 100% clickable, and the lighting issue has turned me away, atleast untill its revised.

same here, I will wait until these issues are fixed

Guest Adverse Yawn
I can't comment on the sounds other than by saying that you can barely hear the engine from the flight deck when you run them up.
I'm sure you meant this, but as you would expect with them being at the complete other end of the ship.

Guest dpc

Can anyone comment on the gauge refresh rate in the VC? I fly exclusively VC (using popups as necessary) so gauge refresh is important for me. Thanks in advanceDave