Sign in to follow this  
sosuflyer

Kyle - Question About Fuel System During Auto Cruise

I didn't see this in your video, but I was wondering if the team was going to include a way for the plane to automatically handle the fuel tank configurations either as a stand alone option or during auto cruise. This would help with long flights where the user can't be at the computer all the time.

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

This is something I've been wondering too - that pesky FUEL TANK/ENG that makes me get up in the middle of the night 

I didn't see this in your video, but I was wondering if the team was going to include a way for the plane to automatically handle the fuel tank configurations either as a stand alone option or during auto cruise. This would help with long flights where the user can't be at the computer all the time.

It's been suggested. Not sure what its status is.

This is something I've been wondering too - that pesky FUEL TANK/ENG that makes me get up in the middle of the night 

Haha - more than once back in the FS9 version, I had come back to the inner tanks much lower than the outer tanks.

----------

Pro-tip: The FMC shows total fuel by waypoint. The cutover from the overrides to tank/eng is at 120 (4x30). Find the waypoint closest to 120 (on the high side), note the ETA, and then confidently run off until that time.

I mean...I sit there...the whole time...totally.

Oh hi FAA. Nice to see you!  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Is why I like the MD-11. Fully manages the fuel on its own. This is a cool suggestion for the 744 though for the especially long haul flights.

Haha - more than once back in the FS9 version, I had come back to the inner tanks much lower than the outer tanks.

You're not alone there...  

Pro-tip: The FMC shows total fuel by waypoint. The cutover from the overrides to tank/eng is at 120 (4x30). Find the waypoint closest to 120 (on the high side), note the ETA, and then confidently run off until that time.

I mean...I sit there...the whole time...totally.

Oh hi FAA. Nice to see you! :P

A very useful tip indeed - how I time my alarm.

Yes, I am still in dealings with CASA after my 744 was found circling EGLL at 38,000' at cruise speed by itself.  I maintain cost-cutting was the cause.  As useful as canine copilots are for morale (and as cheap to pay as they are for the airline), they're hardly a substitute for type-rated F/O and heavy crew with the ability to wake you up before TOD.