Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Flying RXP GTN in XP11 Beta

I waited for the official release of the RXP GTN 750 for XP 11 to purchase from their site. I have literally been able to get two flights out of it. The sim crashes to desktop everytime with the RXP GTN 750 being the cause. I understand some things within the GTN unit not being fully implemented because of Xplane 11 being beta, but having the sim crash 99% of the time do to the RXP 750 is pretty bad. I'm using the latest vers 2.3 in xp11 pb 9-11 currently.

I'm using the latest vers 2.3 in xp11 pb 9-11 currently.

I'm sorry for this bad experience with the product, and for the delay with the update. Please make sure to read this thread for the latest news about XP11 and the next GTN update:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/504280-gtn-touch-v24-upcoming-news/

We're literally 'packing' the pieces together today for the release, which we expect maybe later in the afternoon or tomorrow morning if there is no sudden issue.

It is getting there and I thank you for your patience!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The sim crashes to desktop everytime with the RXP GTN 750 being the cause. I understand some things within the GTN unit not being fully implemented because of Xplane 11 being beta, but having the sim crash 99% of the time do to the RXP 750 is pretty bad. I'm using the latest vers 2.3 in xp11 pb 9-11 currently.

I am dealing with this issue as well, the workaround is to load a plane that I have never configured the GTN for, after it loads, switch to the plane of choice from the drop down plane menu. Convoluted, but it works.

Tommy

Also, still no TCAS. Any progress updates on this?

Tommy

Also, still no TCAS. Any progress updates on this?

This one is puzzling because there is nothing much that has changed between the two versions. Except it won't show targets when you are on the ground though?!? Might also be a XP11 beta glitch. Let's wait for the next update and we will see from there then.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

More bad news...

Yesterday, XP11 started crashing (Again) when loading. I removed the GTN and the Trainer, and XP11 works fine. I reinstalled RXP GTN and Trainer to make sure everything was the latest version, and after hours of trial and errors, I still can not start the GTN without immediately causing XP11 to crash.

As far as I know nothing has changed.

rxpGtnSim.dll

17/02/17 11:41:51.953 05336 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.3.0.0

rxpGTN.xpl

17/02/17 11:41:49.946 05336 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.3.0.0

The following is the last few lines of the X-Plane Log.

0:01:09.751 D/STM: Transitioning from state state_NormalLoading to state_Normal
[sASL ERROR] Error updating avionics: [string ".../scripts/init.sec"]:0: attempt to index a nil value
0:01:10.878 I/WIN: Opened window menu bar
0:01:10.878 I/WIN: Opened window Replay overlay
[sASL ERROR] Error updating avionics: [string ".../scripts/init.sec"]:0: attempt to index a nil value
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: rxpGTN}==--

Hope this helps shed some light on this continuous problem.

Tommy

SASL ERROR is nothing to do with rxpGTN but a problem in SASL plugin which is normally in the Aircraft folder depending on which aircraft selected.

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: rxpGTN}==-- this happens, still wait until XP11 is out of beta testing.

I purchased and have been using GTN750 in X-plane....Terrific. Any idea when your P3D (will it be compatible with V4?) might be available?

Thanks

Funflyed

Thank you for your kind words! There is a thread about P3D V4 I've just answered to: