Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

I just got my very own 737-800...

I know myself and I can let you know right now: I will get this thing pretty soon and enjoy it :-D

I am not good at holding myself back.

Same here. I ordered mine yesterday and today I received the confirmation that it's on its way. My wife is on a ski trip over the weekend and I have the kids, so don't expect a lot of feedback this weekend, but I will report next week as soon as I have tried it in Prepar3d. I'm really looking forward to it.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Same here. I ordered mine yesterday and today I received the confirmation that it's on its way. My wife is on a ski trip over the weekend and I have the kids, so don't expect a lot of feedback this weekend, but I will report next week as soon as I have tried it in Prepar3d. I'm really looking forward to it.

Very cool, looking forward to hear what you think about it once you had a chance to try it out :smile:

Some free titles I've tried speaking about cool VR experiences I can recommend these...

- Introduction to Virtual Reality

- Lost

- Rapid Fire: a bried history of flight

- Henry

- Senza Peso

...just to mention a few.

Richard Åsberg

Very cool, looking forward to hear what you think about it once you had a chance to try it out :smile:

Some free titles I've tried speaking about cool VR experiences I can recommend these...

- Introduction to Virtual Reality

- Lost

- Rapid Fire: a bried history of flight

- Henry

- Senza Peso

...just to mention a few.

Thanks for the tips on the free titles!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Just realized I forgot to mention the coolest of them all...Google Earth VR!!

This title isn't found in the Oculus store but over at Steam and was developed for HTC Vive but it's very easy to fool it into thinking your Oculus Rift in fact is an HTC Vive by downloading FakeVive from here and then dropping the dll file into the installation folder of Google Earth VR which would normally be ...\Steam\steamapps\common\EarthVR.

From what I heard there will be an official version for Oculus Rift too down the road now that there are Touch controllers available for the Oculus Rift. The reason it was only for HTC Vive originally was only HTC Vive had controllers similar to the Oculus Touch controllers now available for the Rift.

Google Earth VR was in fact one of the main reasons I got the Oculus Touch controllers. You should be able to navigate to a certain extent using some keys on your keyboard IIRC but using Touch controllers will make it much easier.

Even if you don't have the Oculus Touch controllers I strongly recommend you try it out because it's free and it also comes with a couple of automated tours showing well-known landmarks, cities etc around the world where you won't need any controllers to enjoy them. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride and oh boy will you enjoy it!!

First time I tried it out the sensation was similar to the first time I sat down in the VR NGX cockpit. When I shortly thereafter realized how much use (and fun) I could have with this title by going to any place (or airport...) in the world in a couple of seconds to enjoy it in VR it didn't take long until I got myself the Oculus Touch controllers.

To me this Google Earth VR title alone is worth the price of the controllers...being able to compare an airport scenery to its real world counterpart for example. Or check out how that coast line, lake, mountain etc etc look IRL.

It's absolutely amazing!!!

...and edited to add you should also get the full version of Oculus Dreamdeck. Full version doesn't mean it will cost you anything but only that it will include more cool scenes vs the limited one that will play automatically after you successfully set up your headset.

Richard Åsberg

Just a question: I can use ChasePlan with the OR + Flyinside? Right?

Oh yeah, I think I am sold on the Rift... Will buy it, Flyinside and Assetto Corsa :-D

Man.......

Sure is an amazing piece of hardware offering you lots of fun and not only in the cockpit of an aircraft as seen in the clip above :)

Can't comment on ChasePlane since I don't use it myself but spontaneously I don't think they will go well together since you'll spend most of your time in the cockpit when flying in VR.

What I have tried though is to use the Avatar mode in 1st person in VR which is really cool allowing you to do a proper walk-around or just walk over to the GSX guys on the ground and say 'Hello' to them ;)

Richard Åsberg

Oh I am in the VC now most of the time too.

But what I meant: I can still change views :-)

Really looking forward to tomorrow...

I received my Rift today. Setup went smoothly after some minor workarounds. Haven't had time to setup FlyInside yet. But the demos are very nice. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I received my Rift today. Setup went smoothly after some minor workarounds. Haven't had time to setup FlyInside yet. But the demos are very nice. 

Sounds great Carlo and enjoy what is yet to come.

Richard Åsberg

34 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Oh I am in the VC now most of the time too.

But what I meant: I can still change views :-)

Really looking forward to tomorrow...

I'm not sure if I ever tried changing views other than using the Avatar mode as I already mentioned so guess you'll have to try it out yourself. I think though FlyInside is meant to be primarily be used from the v/c view.

Richard Åsberg

7 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Ok, I just ordered the Rift + Touch too ;-)

Congratulations, hope you'll enjoy it and please let us know what you think :)

Richard Åsberg

Sure, should be delivered tomorrow.

I ordered the Touch controller via Amazon Prime, but the Rift was out of stock so i ordered it in the webshop where I buy all my computer stuff and normally when I order there I get it the next day.

We will see :-)

Ohhhhhhh man!

They are delievered! Rift and Touch Controllers.

The bad thing: We go out tonight with my parents in law and tomorrow with a colleague from work for dinner :-(

Looking forward to the weekend!