Sign in to follow this  
StubbinMyToe

Does XP 11 support SID / STAR in flight plans and work with ATC?

Does XP 11 support SID and STAR?  If so, how well does it work with built in ATC?  I am thinking of buying it, but it is unclear.

If it does, I assume it is also possible to update the AIRAC?  Which planes support entering SID, STAR and approaches in the FMS/FMC?

Sorry for the questions, I did google it but could not find anything that also answered the ATC question.

I was wondering about this too... especially when flying with the default planes such as the 747... I wanted to know if the FMC is limited, since it's not a custom FMC.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

XP11 does have SIDs and STARs and they are updatable as well. However, the ATC seemingly remains unchanged from XP10 so unless you specifically type the waypoints of your SID and STAR into your filed flight plan, you won't be assigned or given them by ATC.

• Upvote 1

Does XP 11 support SID and STAR?  If so, how well does it work with built in ATC?  I am thinking of buying it, but it is unclear.

If it does, I assume it is also possible to update the AIRAC?  Which planes support entering SID, STAR and approaches in the FMS/FMC?

Sorry for the questions, I did google it but could not find anything that also answered the ATC question.

I strongly suggerst that you should download the demo and check all do you want.  Performance, Flight model, Visuals....

Which planes support entering SID, STAR and approaches in the FMS/FMC?

Like in MFS world, you should check the Product page of each Aircraft...X-plane default airliners also support SID/STAR (default FMC supports it).

Tomás Fabada Castellana

Can the XP plugin XFMC be installed in XP11 ? 

Is it compatible with all 3rd party and default planes ? 

Is it worth ?

Thx

XP11 does have SIDs and STARs and they are updatable as well. However, the ATC seemingly remains unchanged from XP10 so unless you specifically type the waypoints of your SID and STAR into your filed flight plan, you won't be assigned or given them by ATC.

Thanks.  So far the demo looks good, I have not used X-Plance since version 9.

Can the XP plugin XFMC be installed in XP11 ?

Is it compatible with all 3rd party and default planes ?

Is it worth ?

Thx

With the new default FMC you don't really need XFMC in XP11. Like uFMC I have always found it a bit temperamental anyway.