Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Bad stutters with the XP11 Demo?

Downloaded the demo to check out the new lighting and I'm getting bad stutters every two seconds or so.

I never had stutter or FPS issues with XP10 and it seems like between the stutters in XP11 the FPS itself is fine, so I don't think this is necessarily performance related. I can turn down settings and it still happens.

2500k at 4.6Ghz, 16 gigs of RAM, Windows 7, and a GTX 970 (4GB) is my system.

I updated my drivers to the latest but nothing changed. Tried turning Threaded optimization to off but no change. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so it's gotta be something weird with my system.

The first thing you could do is to set all rendering options to minimum and then increase them one by one to see if the stutters are related to one specific setting (useful even if you'll report it as a bug).

You could also try to show FPS (CTRL + SHIFT + F) and see if there are spikes in the CPU or GPU usage during stutters.

Maybe you'll have to report this as a bug.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Frames show 38-45 FPS.

CPU is .025 and GPU is .018.

Nothing appears to be wrong with the performance except the stutters, which is why it's so weird.

Have you set Threaded Optimization off in your nvidia control panel?

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yeah, I said that in the OP.

Made no difference. I've tried all the obvious stuff. So if anyone has any more obscure suggestions, that'd probably be what I'm looking for.

I may just try a reinstall and see if something go corrupted.

Ooops sorry did not read the whole post..   :fool:

How about Texture Quality, you have 4gb vram, make sure you have it one notch down from Maximum (uncompressed), 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I tried all the lowest settings on all the sliders.

It doesn't appear to be performance related in a traditional sense. FPS are very high. Something else is going on.

One last suggestion before you re-install.

Assuming you have a 60Hz monitor, have you tried to lock to Half-of-refresh?

With beta 1 I have the same problem,I uninstall nvidia drivers and install the more old drivers that a can use with my GPU now is perfect.

Sorry for my english.I hope can help.

Trying to love it...but like the OP bad stutters ...yes it is a Beta...but as soon as you put any clouds in you can kiss performance goodbye!

There is a bad pause every so often which I am sure LR are aware.  however I noticed that my i7 2600 OC 4.6 is being worked very hard ...69% all of the time on all cores!...not sure what my GC is doing 970 4GB.....a wait and see what happens..all sliders in the sim are not at max as that would be a non starter all set low or moderate.

The pain the pain!

will have to beef up the system but not until I see the finished product out then I will make the call...

All the best

Mark

Wht about your nvidia controlnpanel 3d settings, can you share them? Do you have dsr enabled by any chance?

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Try clear skies and see if you still get the stutters.  I am getting them with default clouds but they go away when using either SMP v3 or xEnviro or with clear or mostly clear skies.

Ryan

ok this is weird!.following on from my earlier post.....just gone into my NCP and re set the x plane exe to default setting....started it in window mode full screen windowed with overcast...and wham! 30 fps? steady, so just tried full screen non windowed....30 fps steady!.....only thing I have set is thread optimisation to off as advised....yes it still has small stutters but that is to be expected it is Beta.. and I do not have the most powerful set up...but hey...this is so much better than what I was getting a few hours ago....

this sim could be just great once finely tuned to RTM version...looking forward to that!....

will keep doing my 15 min demo until I am comfortable with everything..

All the best

Mark

ok this is weird!.following on from my earlier post.....just gone into my NCP and re set the x plane exe to default setting....started it in window mode full screen windowed with overcast...and wham! 30 fps? steady, so just tried full screen non windowed....30 fps steady!.....only thing I have set is thread optimisation to off as advised....yes it still has small stutters but that is to be expected it is Beta.. and I do not have the most powerful set up...but hey...this is so much better than what I was getting a few hours ago....

this sim could be just great once finely tuned to RTM version...looking forward to that!....

will keep doing my 15 min demo until I am comfortable with everything..

All the best

Mark

yes this happened to me also and seems the performance is improved by setting up 3d settings in nvidia control panel.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM