Sign in to follow this  
pilot87

TFDi Design 717

Hi Bryan,

I have recently started following the TFDi Design 717 expected to be released late this year (2016). From what I've seen to date it is quite a high end add on that will match the quality of other designers such as PMDG and Aerosoft. The aircraft is still common across the US, Europe and Australia. The designers have advised that an SDK will be produced but that FS2Crew have expressed no interest in working on the plane. 

I was wondering if this is due to workload with other planned addons or if its due to a perceived lack of purchaser interest in the model? If it's the latter would that likely change if take up of the product is strong?

I completely understand that construction of any FS2Crew addon is a mammoth undertaking (experts, voices, programming, etc.) so completely understand the answer either way, but was just curious.

Thanks for the quick response Bryan. I figured it had to be something like that.

Cheers!

That's a shame. it would have been good to fly something different.

​Looking forward to your next product.

​Liam

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Hi Bryan,

I'm one of these who consider incomplete a flight experience without your products.The TDFi would be certainly on the top of my wishlist for FS2crew. I have all your of products and my personal wishlist would be FSLA320, PMDG747 and QW787, thought the latter two are not yet released. In that respect TDFi 717 would be second considering that the A320 is more common in the real word. If you have tried this product you can instantly see that it has the high quality of all others and there is only a handfull of such quality in the FSX/P3D word. If you find time it would be certainly worth it. The only drawback of this aircraft is that is not popular in real life by airliners but this was just because of a bad timing. The aircraft itself is beautiful and its glass cockpit avionics makes it nothing but modern. It has a lot of potential, and for me I'm gonna use it in all CRJ fligths in europe. Besides, its always exciting to learn new planes. I think if you find the time sometime it would be worth investing into this one and you will find many supporters.

• Upvote 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

We reached out toFS2Crew, but they have expressed no interest in working on a version for our aircraft.

This was mention in the TFDi forum from one of the developers...Is this true?