Sign in to follow this  
TheFamilyMan

FSX cloud shadows: its last hurrah?

SteveFX has made a FSX cloud shadow add-on for his excellent DX10 Fixer which breaths in a little new life into this 10 year old sim.  In case you've been wondering what its all about, here's a few shots of its effect.  Sure, other sims can do this (possibly better), but for us die-hards...

(please click in each to review its full glory)

1441qw1.jpg

zn94t5.jpg

no5zma.jpg

rbd5jl.jpg

28bh6z6.jpg

kao3df.jpg

Well, not exactly cloud shadows, but definitely a beauty queen:

r9n42v.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I already have the fixer, I sense an extra purchase in the new year.

Nice old Cessna - lovely chrome finish.

Why the self-deprecation? Even P3D is basically a ten year old sim with some new tricks! So no reason to dump FSX since texture, plane, weather and ATC addons are available to make it look just as good as P3D! Now I won't go into X-Plane but please don't apologize for using FSX! How are us FS9 diehards going to feel?

• Upvote 1

Having that light and shade on the terrain makes a huge difference to feeling of flying.

Thanks for all the kind feedback. :smile:

Why the self-deprecation? Even P3D is basically a ten year old sim with some new tricks! So no reason to dump FSX since texture, plane, weather and ATC addons are available to make it look just as good as P3D! Now I won't go into X-Plane but please don't apologize for using FSX! How are us FS9 diehards going to feel?

Sorry you took it that way.  All I wanted to point out is what is probably the last major feature upgrade for FSX, hence the title.  As for the Cessna, it's a C195 as modeled by http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=product&correl=106.

Thanks for all the kind feedback. :smile:

Sorry you took it that way.  All I wanted to point out is what is probably the last major feature upgrade for FSX, hence the title.  As for the Cessna, it's a C195 as modeled by http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=product&correl=106.

Just pulling your leg, I hope you did not take my comment the wrong way ;)