Sign in to follow this  
king1706

Error message mid flight

Four times now my flight gets cancelled almost before landing with a message saying

Your computer have run out of avliable memory please restart prepa3d .

I never had this before only when I ran PMDG 777 Prepar3D stops working

I have geoforce GTX 1070 8 GB video card and my computer my installed memory is 24 GB and used is only 16 GB

Processor is intelcore I 5-4690k CPU 3.5 GHZ

Can some expert tells me why it keeps crashing and what should I do

Programs used :

Prepar3D v3.2 Rex essentials one drive - Rex HD airports FTX global . PRO ATC

I am not an IT expert but I am sure someone can direct me what to do

Many thanks and Merry Christmas everyone

You are getting what is known as an Out Of Memory (OOM) crash. PREPAR3D is a 32bit program so it is limited to using 4GB of memory regardless of how much VRAM your video card has. It certainly is a nuisance for most. If you have FSUIPC, it has a way to monitor how much memory your P3D is consuming, this is a good reference to see if you are getting close to that OOM crash.

My advice to you is to use lower settings when using your PMDG 777. You can turn down things such as Level Of Detal, autogen, traffic and cloud draw distance. Also in your REX Essentials, if you have an option to turn down the cloud texture resolutions, that can also save you some memory. If you find some settings that work with your 777 that no longer cause out of memory crashes, save that profile setting so you can easily select it later if you choose to fly that aircraft. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

OOMs are a symptom of our developers pushing the envelope on memory usage to give us great product features. These will not be alleviated until simulators are 64-bit programs and therefore able to use almost limitless memory.

I support king1706's suggestion and add that using FSUIPC autosave, to save the flight at regular intervals, enables a restart during a longer flight using less memory and thus avoiding the OOMs.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Thanks Richard I do use FSUIPC for my Saitek equipments ( quadrant throttle , wheel trim and rudder but where to see the option of auto save thanks for your help

The PMDG 777 Introduction Guide provides solutions for fixing this problem, starting on page 21.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides information on OOM crashes too (see link in my signature).  I set up my FSUIPC to monitor VAS during a flight session.  Page 16 of the AVSIM CTD Guide provides information and images on how to set it up.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim 

Many Thanks for your usual help and support I will follow these steps today , and my apology Merry Christmas to you and your family .

Amr 

Glad some of the suggestions worked for you.  Thank you for your kind comments and hope you and your family have a great New Year.

Best wishes,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10