Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

fsx gold edition windows10 going into wrong drive

Up until last week I was using fsx gold edition with windows 7.  I now have windows 10 with edge and still fsx gold edition. AS usuual prior I used to have fsx on its own separate drive.

Now I have fsx gold edition with the same 3 cd's  for windows 10 but my problems is fsx does not install into the right drive.

\My c drive is for the operating systems but refuses to go into my D drive which would be the only drive for fsx.

Why am I having this problem ?  My new d drive has over 1,000 Gigabytes, and for the operatingsystem on my c drive has 500 gigabytes.

How do I get my same fsx gold edition to go into the new D drive only for fsx.

appreciatel any help

Ronny spergel have 3770K processor 780 gtx

once again the only thing I did was change the operating system and the 2 new drives c-500gb and d-1,000gb.

When you insert the first disk and it shows where the product will be installed, there should be an "options" button at the bottom.  Click on this and you can select the drive you want.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

i sinstalled fsx gold edition and got the following error message 1-80004005  what does this mean and how do i fix it ?

That Error code applies to a problem in activating FSX and/or Acceleration.   The usual fix is given in the link hereunder, though some have still had problems in activating FSX.   In that case, you may have to go the phone activation route (if that is still offered by MS).

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498757-i-cant-activate-fsx-as-an-unexpected-error-occurred/#entry3534928

i sinstalled fsx gold edition and got the following error message 1-80004005  what does this mean and how do i fix it ?

Many have been successful using the following solution for this error:

1. Goto Start Menu, select 'Run" and then type regedit to open the System Registry Editor

2. Backup your registry.

3. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

5. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.

6. Close Registry Editor

7. Start FSX/Acceleration and you should get the registration wizard.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Okay followed everybodies instruction my fsx gold edition is running.  Went to registry made changes WORKED>

The problem I have now with fsx/Acceleration, I can start the sim from icon in the folder, but the desktop after I finished installling the three cd's along with rebooting after the first 2 cd's and then installing accleration there is no icon on the desktop. I  get some error says something like null and a few numbers after that.

Thus how do I c reate a working icon on the desktop ?  thanks so much Ronny

Thus how do I c reate a working icon on the desktop ? thanks so much Ronny

Right click on FSX.exe and drag it to your desktop, choose "create shortcut here"