Sign in to follow this  
Skill336

Prepar3D Blurry Textures!

Hey guys, so i have a problem with my P3D. Which is to do with the textures far away. and i know people have posted in the past about this but i'm not sure have am i going to fix it. As i can see people with really good far distance textures but with mine there like really blurry. If anyone can help that be great i will post some pictures, of what i am on about.

Addons used are FTX global and FTXHD trees.

Pictures:

Example 1: https://gyazo.com/1ac1dac0f4bf2ac20e33ed886ddef51e

Example 2: https://gyazo.com/b10654e0b3bef82e3ef2aa3dce09bbc6

These are the pictures please help thanks :)

In your scenery settings in P3D, what is your Level of Detail (LOD) sliderset to? Increasing this will expand the area of sharper textures but it has a heavy impact on VAS.

What CPU / GPU do you have and are you running an AffinityMask setting in your prepar3d.cfg file?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hey,

I love P3D but for the fact that the LOD radius just doesn't seem to be what it used to. I've got a 6700k paired with a 1080. Setting my LOD to the highest setting still yeilds textures that 'pop in' too close to the aircraft IMHO. I've tried a number of settings and none make a difference. I've come to accept that with P3DV3 I'm going to get blurry textures in the distance.

Generally from the cockpit it's not too bad...it's when you're in spot view that it really sucks. 

I had read on here that limiting the LOD field was one way LM managed to reduce VAS usage.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

i found also that zoom factor makes a difference.

Mine was to set to 0,5 since i changed it to 1,0 the ground textures are very crisp also from FL340.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

You mean when you zoom out from the aircraft at FL340? Yes, that will make a difference. I'm running on a 49" 4K display, so you need to zoom out. 

I think the LOD issue is exacerbated by the large display i'm running.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

i found also that zoom factor makes a difference.

Mine was to set to 0,5 since i changed it to 1,0 the ground textures are very crisp also from FL340.

Where did you change that?

In your scenery settings in P3D, what is your Level of Detail (LOD) sliderset to? Increasing this will expand the area of sharper textures but it has a heavy impact on VAS.

What CPU / GPU do you have and are you running an AffinityMask setting in your prepar3d.cfg file?

I have the (LOD) Set to maxed, and my CPU is Intel i7 6700k with GTX 980.

Skill336, you have similar hardware to what I am running. I had similar issues and when I tried setting AffinityMask=85 in the prepar3d.cfg, it really made a noteble difference. It is still not perfect in my opinion but I have accepted that what I have is about as good as we can get with P3D currently.

In the cockpit, fly with your zoom factor at 0.30 or 0.40. This helps with keeping things looking sharp. Zooming into the scenery from a distance or high altitudes will make it look burry for sure.

I set my LOD radius down one notch from max to make sure I have some VAS in reserve for routes between complex and busy add on airports like EGLL, EDDF and LSZH and I am reasonably happy with the view outside.

You could also try limiting your frame rate to 30.5 in NVidia Inspector. This might help lessen the load on the GPU. In my case it also smooths the sim out very nicely and might help del with blurry textures.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Skill336, you have similar hardware to what I am running. I had similar issues and when I tried setting AffinityMask=85 in the prepar3d.cfg, it really made a noteble difference. It is still not perfect in my opinion but I have accepted that what I have is about as good as we can get with P3D currently.

In the cockpit, fly with your zoom factor at 0.30 or 0.40. This helps with keeping things looking sharp. Zooming into the scenery from a distance or high altitudes will make it look burry for sure.

I set my LOD radius down one notch from max to make sure I have some VAS in reserve for routes between complex and busy add on airports like EGLL, EDDF and LSZH and I am reasonably happy with the view outside.

You could also try limiting your frame rate to 30.5 in NVidia Inspector. This might help lessen the load on the GPU. In my case it also smooths the sim out very nicely and might help del with blurry textures.

This made my menus lag like crazy! Any solution?

Ok, where do i change the zoom factor?

Zoom factor is simply hitting the + or - key on your KB. In the top right, you will get the current zoom level. Do this for the wing view outside view and the cockpit view to get blurring under control.

GregH