Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

So guys... please tell me about the "new" prop slipstream effects...

Are they noticeable at all in the default prop aircraft?

Can you notice how tame they are on twins like the Baron 58 and the C 90 as opposed to the C172 or any other aircraft with it's engine inline with the tail surfaces ?

Even in XP1o and 9 it was possible to observe the results of symmetric propwash over the left wings, on single CW rotating prop aircraft, or twins showing the difference between the outer / inner sections of the wing relative to the engine location, so, I really wonder how  these new propwash effects act ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As I wrote, I didn't notice any appreciable change. But since I believe Austin when he says he improved them, maybe (my hypothesis) the effect is lacking due to the excessive weathervaning stability of the C172, the same responsible for the crosswind issue.

As it always has been the case, the important thing is having a good flight model developer who can tune the flight model to reproduce the real aircraft.

This is true for MSFS, for DCS, for IL-2, for FlightGear, and of course for X-Plane. But good developers are apparently rare for civil flight simulators.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Probably that Murmur.

I will skip re-installing XP11... Will wait a while longer before I see you post something indicative of the weathervane stability having been fine tuned... and LR having optimized the clouds rendering and performance...

I do not even ask for proper Moon and daylight any longer... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't see any difference in the propeller model from Beta 3 to Beta 5. The ball in the turn coordinator stay completely centered in climb and cruise.  

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Check taxi speed on various planes, and see if it has increased since the last beta at normal throttle settings. In another thread, there is mention of torque settings now being off for helicopters due to increased rotor efficiency, and that might be making fixed wing props taxi too fast also.

It seems something did change here. I can hold the PC-12 with B key brakes at idle in XP10, and it won't hold at idle in XP11 pb5. Taxi speed at the same power settings with the PC-12 also seems noticeably faster than in earlier betas.

Could this be related to the new slipstream modeling? Or maybe something else was changed with regard to propeller efficiency.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Check taxi speed on various planes, and see if it has increased since the last beta at normal throttle settings. In another thread, there is mention of torque settings now being off for helicopters due to increased rotor efficiency, and that might be making fixed wing props taxi too fast also.

I read the thread on the .org.

Well, good news actually, looks like the new propeller modeling is messed up, so at least Austin will be forced to fix it. :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

looks like the new propeller modeling is messed up,

that is the programmers Achilles-heel, you fix something and break another.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I read the thread on the .org.

Well, good news actually, looks like the new propeller modeling is messed up, so at least Austin will be forced to fix it. :smile:

Austin going to look at ! I get the sad feeling that his Spiraling slip stream is going to be a roll on the longitudinal access, instead of yaw.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar