Sign in to follow this  
rooitou

realflightshop - is it safe?

Hi there guys, I've been noticing a lot of promotional material by a webstore called realflightshop.com and saw some good deals there. However, there is something about that webstore that makes me uncomfortable and I haven't used them yet.

It looks a bit amateurish with tiny fonts and blurry images. The Chinese language icons at the top suggest that it caters more for the Chinese market. Even the English (UK) language icon is actually the Taiwanese flag!

Has anyone used them? Do they offer decent support in terms of updates etc?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Buyer beware!  Sounds kinda like a ripoff. :wink:

I think this line from their statement tells me what I need to know!!

"The Real Flight Shop was established on the 11rd August, 2016"

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well they have a sale going on - "Buy Expensive! Double Price Refund".  So suspect that means you buy $60 worth of products and you get $120 back?  Here's one discussion I found here about this FS shop - http://www.avsim.com/topic/498335-purchase-issue-real-flight-shop/.  They do need to get the permission of the owners of the products to sale them so they are probably okay but one needs to investigate before purchasing.

Here's some info from Alexa about the site - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/realflightshop.com.  And more info on Whois - https://whoisology.com/realflightshop.com

Edited by Jim Young

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes that sort of confirms my suspicions, didn't even see "11rd August, 2016" or the "double price refund" lol. Wonder if developers know their products are being sold at great discounts there?

Think i'll rather steer clear and continue using the well-known webstores.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I've had some stuff from there with no problems. Not much admittedly, but it all came through with no hassle. Still, I prefer ones I know of old such as Flight 1 and Simmarket.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I didn't see any "great discounts" there. In fact, all the Milviz releases are listed at the same price as direct from Milviz... :unknw:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, here we go again!  I don't like to trash any flight sim store here on AVSIM.  If it is proven the store is a scam, then, this type of information with the proof should be provided.  Until then, no bashing here at AVSIM. Topic closed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10