Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regis9

Experiences with Kaby Lake in Windows 7?

8 posts in this topic

Hello, there was a little bit of discussion on this in the Kaby Lake 5ghz thread, but I thought I'd start a new thread for anyone using Kaby Lake processors with windows 7 to post their experiences as they get settled in with their new processor. Are there issues or was the talk about Kaby Lake only working on windows 10 a bit overblown?

I'm looking at a CPU upgrade but don't want to do the windows 10 upgrade, so would probably go with the 6700k unless it's pretty clear that Kaby Lake does indeed work fine with windows 7.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I completely overlooked this issue. I was planning on keeping Win7 (I just don't like 10 I've used it many times at work).  But I was planning 7700K.  I do have a DVD rw that I would reinstall Win7 from and I think I still have a PS/2 kb.

I completely overlooked this issue. I was planning on keeping Win7 (I just don't like 10 I've used it many times at work).  But I was planning 7700K.  I do have a DVD rw that I would reinstall Win7 from and I think I still have a PS/2 kb.

No problem with Win7, with dvd Its easy , take some time compared to Win10 usb.

Download and install the latest rollups , then no problems with win uppdates

How about drivers for the motherboard? The web sites I have visited for a new laptop don't list any for Kaby / Win 10. Are you saying that the Win updates will carry the driver solution even on the latest motherboards?

Gordon

How about drivers for the motherboard? The web sites I have visited for a new laptop don't list any for Kaby / Win 10. Are you saying that the Win updates will carry the driver solution even on the latest motherboards?

Gordon

Just did a reinstall of Win 10 with a 6700K and let

Win 10 handle all driver installs automatically.

No ? or x in Device Manager and everything seems to be running great.

gb.

Who's Kathy Lake? Is she related to Ricki Lake?

Ugh, yes and they have a cousin named "Stu Pidautocorrect"...if there's a mod nearby maybe they could change the title?

Just did a reinstall of Win 10 with a 6700K and let

Win 10 handle all driver installs automatically.

No ? or x in Device Manager and everything seems to be running great.

gb.

Good news - thank you for the info

G

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0