Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

VAS what VAS? in 3.4!

Maybe, mine is just default for both airports. I will check later and reply :smile:

Btw, does deactivating OpenLC America entries affect VAS when mainly flying over Europe? I never do it, but you never know.

I am not 100% sure but i have it activated .

What i do know is that the OPENLC LIGHTS eats about 200mb VAS EVEN in daylight so deactivate this in EU and America during daytime

and save VAS.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Funny, I suffered continually with VAS and OOM issues in 3.4 - I was just putting update on top of update. Recently however, I had a complete SSD drive failure which was my dedicated P3D drive. I installed a new dedicated P3D hardrive and did a full Prepar3D v3.4.18.19475(latest). I no longer have any VAS or OOM problems. I have the exact same settings and addons and flying from the same airports that caused all the problems before. Although it took nearly a week to get everything back on track, it was worth it.

Maybe, we are supposed to do this every update.

steve s

Are you shure?

Is there someone else with the same experience?

Guest JustanotherPilot

Are you shure?

Is there someone else with the same experience?

I'm sure otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Indeed, I have mentioned it in these forums numerous times.

I thought I read here somewhere that LM is recommending users to not put in the AM tweak as their code is better optimized without it to use all cores.

I agree with LM here.  

I have a new fairly powerful system capable of giving me 50+FPS with all the Orbx stuff and moderate traffic at default airports with AM set. What I couldn't understand was why, on a short flight LAX-LAS, that when I descended for landing there was virtually zero autogen although at departure there was loads and the sim looked great.

After a bit of head scratching and trying some other "tweeks" and setting changes, for no improvement, I went back to my initial setup but I removed the AM.

Now I have to put up with 40+ FPS but my arrivals are as full of eye candy as my departures.

I even get 25+ FPS at UK2000 LHR and at all times fluid motion.  I have since locked the FPS at 30 but I still have no AM set and I'm happy with the result.

Just need to sort out VAS issues with PMDG777 at LHR and I'll be happy!

Jim

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Yes is you have HT OFF, No is your have HT ON, 

4 Cores with HT ON = 116

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you have an Nvidia card, do you  know you can free up about 300MB as VAS by turning off the shadercache.

It's in section 5 (common) profile inspector.

I have not noticed any negative effects turning it off.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof