Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

Dim landing lights

Has anyone experienced DIM landing lights? My runway takeoff lights are difficult to see, and taxi light is almost invisible? What could be the reason behind that?

image.jpg

All 4 lights are on

See this forum post. I'm still trying to find the solution myself.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503024-no-splash-lights-on-ground-at-night/page-2#entry3564322

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Has anyone experienced DIM landing lights? My runway takeoff lights are difficult to see, and taxi light is almost invisible? What could be the reason behind that?

Shader/texture mods/etc?

Kyle Rodgers

ENVTEX, PTA preset from them, but I tried default presets. Nothing.

Tried clearing shader cache. Nothing

ENVTEX, PTA preset from them

This is the cause. Having seen other similar issues, all of the mods to how the system is supposed to behave are causing your issues. We can only account for so much tweaking before we break it for everyone who doesn't mess with the lighting/textures/etc.

Kyle Rodgers

Very strange issue. Did full rebuild of Shader folders (all of them) as well as texture folders. Issue still there

Kyle can you throw a screenie how it looks on your screen.

I believe the shader mods I was using could have caused this issue. Here's what I did:

Disabled Shade.me. I never used it and disabling it was as easy as renaming a dll (dxgi.dll).

With PTA I created a profile which had nothing checked. A nothing profile. I applied this which also empties the shader folder.

I then restored my usual PTA profile and applied it.

So, it seems to be working now, which is nice.

The only question which remains is why do I have to enable Daylight Splashes each time I load up my Queen?

If any PMDG folks read this, thanks again for a wonderful product!

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I believe the shader mods I was using could have caused this issue. Here's what I did:

Disabled Shade.me. I never used it and disabling it was as easy as renaming a dll (dxgi.dll).

With PTA I created a profile which had nothing checked. A nothing profile. I applied this which also empties the shader folder.

I then restored my usual PTA profile and applied it.

So, it seems to be working now, which is nice.

The only question which remains is why do I have to enable Daylight Splashes each time I load up my Queen?

If any PMDG folks read this, thanks again for a wonderful product!

What daylight splashes?

I have tried what you said to no avial. Landing lights are still very dim. Shaders were reinstalled as well as cleared. Textures folder also reinstalled

I also have this issue. I have reverted all PTA and shader settings to their defaults. Are you saying I should uninstall Envtex too? As with other people, they work perfect in the light, but very dim in the dark.

Matthew Simmons

I have seen this and i do not use any mods other than addon scenery. But that was only 1 night flight, so I will see what happens when I land in LAX tonight.

I can't say with certainty that what I changed (see post #7) did 'fix' this issue. I didn't uninstall PTA, just reset the settings.

My last flight was near dawn. It seems that during the dark of night...really dark...the splash effects disappear. My last flight was from LOWW to LFPG using payware airports, at about 05:00 local time.

Perhaps this is still a problem. I was so excited that I could see to taxi, I jumped to conclusions.

Here's a link to my original observations:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503024-no-splash-lights-on-ground-at-night/page-2

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS