Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Active Camera

Hello all,

Is there anyone here who is familiar with Anticyclone Active Camera.?

I have the demo installed but it does not seem to do anything at all.  Taking off, landing, flying in a thunderstorm does absolutely nothing.  There us no cockpit rattle and shake no discernible headshake and

the takeoff and landing is done on perfectly flat sheets of glass. I have played with the head latency settings from 01 through to 2.0 but nothing changes whatsoever.

I am not remotely interested in camera views at this stage and thus far, have not investigated that aspect.  

What is interesting is that on some takeoffs at some airports without the benefit of Active Camera, I can at least get a seasick making rock and roll, particularly at Surabaya (WRSJ) in East Java. The real airport runway is pretty rough too.

Does anyone know

1. if Activecyclone have a support forum, or, if in fact, they still exist?

2, what I may be doing incorrectly and.

3. If there is an alternate to this software for FS9.

Thanks in advance

Regards to you all

Tony Chilcott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Patrick,

Thanks fore your response.

The delay in my reply is that I have now checked out the FAQs with no satisfactory results.

Further playing around has revealed that with the default Cessna 172with a single screen I do actually see some head shake etc (I have not played with settings in single screen mode so I assume I could achieve slightly better results than standard settings)  I then added 2 side view screens (docked to my displays. Still have the same results but when I added another display all effects disappeared.

I must admit that I was quite excited by the initial results but I would like to find out why the difference with the extra monitors.  I have accepted that with 3 screens running, I only get the desired effects on the main monitor.

Does anyone have a solution to this and/or how do I get in touch with the developers?  I do not believe that there is an alternative software to Active cyclone but, again, if anyone knows of an alternative could you please let me know.

Thanks again Patrick

Regards

Tony 

Appliance,

Thanks for your reply mate.

I have just looked at this following your post, but I cannot see any indication of either turbulence or cockpit rattle/shake and head movement in the VC.

As I have mentioned, I have displays for both all my instruments and side views so have no need for additional camera points.  I am really just looking for the head movements and bumps, rattles and shakes whilst on the ground taxiing, takeoff and landing to add a more realistic aspect to ground movements, and of course any better than default turbulence in the air.

Does DBS imitate these movements.  

Will I have the same problems with multiple displays, and lastly,

Do they have a forum for support.

I also really only want the FS9 version but it looks as if I have to buy the package which is more expensive.

Thanks for any further information

Regards

Tony

Does anyone have a solution to this and/or how do I get in touch with the developers?

Hi Tony,

it's been years since I've used this software. But maybe you can use this email address to contact the developer

activation@anticyclone.be

Hi Tony.

Haven't used this software for over 12 months since giving up simming as a result of medical issues. When I purchased one could choose only the FS9 version.  Hope you resolve your plight.  :hi:

Jagabom,

I did notice when I twosted the psatitwat coupling vertically and horizontally that the

kerfumpleflanger was downturned LOL

The translation...

I have no idea what you are talking about mate and please bear in mind that the above is

an attempt at humour and not to be taken derogatively.

Apart from I am currently comfortably ensconsed in a hotel in Bali and on my way to Australia

for 3 months. This means that I am seriously and geographically separated from my flight

computer so I cannot take any further action on your suggestion.

Can you please explain in very simple terms to an aged and feeble mind what it is that you are

referring to.

Regards

Tony

I copied this from somewhere else.  May not fix your problem though.  Save your old panel config first.  Good luck.  Don't blame me.

Active Camera works with FS9, I use it with the iFLY 737 NG and it is indispensable. The demo version only works within 50 NM of Meigs Airport, KORD will work as well. There is another quirk of Active Camera, it doesn't like "ZOrder=" statements in your panel config file, you will have to Rem out by placing "\\" in front of any zorder= statement in your panel config file for the aircraft you want to use it with. Any time it encounters a Zorder= statement it will quit working.