Hello guys,

SATCOM message on the EICAS.

Checked QRH, no resolution found, only information that the SATCOM failed. No resolution found in the FCOM either. Returned to stand, company SOP says no departure until solved.

I also had a SPLIT IRS message on the FMC so I guess I (again) temporarily lost power when turning off the APUs.

Can someone help me out how can I sort out the SATCOM issue?

Cheers!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I also had a SPLIT IRS message on the FMC so I guess I (again) temporarily lost power when turning off the APUs.

Yep. All related. Make sure to properly transfer power. If you don't, properly reset the IRSs and spin them again (NAV -> OFF (wait for a little bit) -> NAV).

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

properly reset the IRSs and spin them again (NAV -> OFF (wait for a little bit) -> NAV).

Let me give reset a try. The company cannot afford delays, I'll be in trouble. :-P

Thank you again - it seems this power transfer is something I need to learn doing the right way.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I need to learn as well . Got this on the current flight as well as the last one including a "Rudder Ratio" in white on status page.

I got it setting the parking-brake after engine start and shutting down the APU.

Not sure what i do wrong ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Not sure what i do wrong ?

Be sure that the generators are on line before shutting down the APU.

And before the engine starts after APU is started, make sure you switch to APU generators before pulling the ground power plugs.  This is not automatic in the Queen.

Dan Downs KCRP