Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

That's news to me that P3d supports more than one entry in the atc_id field. It has room in that variable to store 32 characters. But what it does with more than one registration number  is a mystery to me, even after consulting the SDK.

9 hours ago, Avirtualpilot said:

What's wrong?

Can it not be that this livery was rejected for other reasons than the registration? Have you checked the error messages of VMRGenerator?

In principle it should be able to  handle as many registrations as you can put on one line...there is no fxed buffer length in my program.

EDIT: have you checked VMRGenerator.log for exception messages?

Tip: At this ste you can find the registration codes of several airlines and types, already in the atc_id format.

EDIT2: I have tested your Ryan air fltsim section over here: no problems. The long atc_id is in the AI_liveries.txt file ... 

7 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Have you tested using just one atc_id ? I found it balked at using more than one.

Yes you can use more than one registration code in the atc_id line, separated by comma's.

From the PSXseeconTraffic Manual:

"Normally a livery has of course only one unique Registration code. However, you may fill in multiple Registration codes separated by comma’s. Thus it is easier to separate different groups of liveries for a single type without having to install all liveries. For example to differ between normal BAW 744 liveries and BAW Oneworld 744 liveries. Or to separate all freighter liveries of a certain type from the passenger liveries of that same type.

The registration codes for lots of airlines can be found here."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's news to me that P3d supports more than one entry in the atc_id field. It has room in that variable to store 32 characters. But what it does with more than one registration number  is a mystery to me, even after consulting the SDK.

This has nothing to do with P3D, it is a feature of VMRGenerator/PSXseeconTraffic, as described in my previous post. P3D does not complain if this line is far longer.

22 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes you can use more than one registration code in the atc_id line, separated by comma's.

From the PSXseeconTraffic Manual:

"Normally a livery has of course only one unique Registration code. However, you may fill in multiple Registration codes separated by comma’s. Thus it is easier to separate different groups of liveries for a single type without having to install all liveries. For example to differ between normal BAW 744 liveries and BAW Oneworld 744 liveries. Or to separate all freighter liveries of a certain type from the passenger liveries of that same type.

The registration codes for lots of airlines can be found here."

Thanks Nico, great tips.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 hours ago, kiek said:

This has nothing to do with P3D, it is a feature of VMRGenerator/PSXseeconTraffic, as described in my previous post. P3D does not complain if this line is far longer.

Thanks for that response. There's no guarantee  though, that other 3rd party apps that read that field will behave in a similar fashion to P3d. This technique seems the same as that used by Scenery Config Editor  which adds nonstandard entries to scenery.cfg in order to add colors and groupings to its display capabilities. That worked great until it caused problems  when other apps (such as various ORBX apps) encountered the nonstandard  lines. Here's an example...

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/80181-stuff-you-need-1-scenery-config-editor/&do=findComment&comment=575673

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Thanks for that response. There's no guarantee  though, that other 3rd party apps that read that field will behave in a similar fashion to P3d. This technique seems the same as that used by Scenery Config Editor  which adds nonstandard entries to scenery.cfg in order to add colors and groupings to its display capabilities. That worked great until it caused problems  when other apps (such as various ORBX apps) encountered the nonstandard  lines. Here's an example...

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/80181-stuff-you-need-1-scenery-config-editor/&do=findComment&comment=575673

Thanks for your warning. However, I think that could only happen with other AI programs, not with sceneries add-ons and so on.  

But I don't use any other AI programs. And sofar I have not heard from problems from users of PSXseeconTraffic. I know that that there are a lot that use as well PSXseeconTraffic as UT "Live" or MT6.

Multi-registration support is in PSXseeconTrafic for quite some time now, and do know it is optional, you're not obliged to use it. It is for the heavy users that want to get it as real as possible.

If you use PSXseeconTraffic you never want something else  ;-)

12 minutes ago, kiek said:

f you use PSXseeconTraffic you never want something else  ;-)

So true. I caught the bug ealy on.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I haven't read the entire thread here, but if this works as well as suggested, then this is a game changer. To be flying out of KLAX, with real weather, with real traffic and listening to real ATC, then that is mind blowing!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I use MTX, so can I disable it's use but allow PSX to use MTX AI models?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Explain please, what is MTX and what to you mean with PSX ? Aerowinx PSX?

33 minutes ago, kiek said:

Explain please, what is MTX and what to you mean with PSX ? Aerowinx PSX?

MTX, My Traffic X AI ... PSX, the subject of the thread?

Howard

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

You can even remove all folders inside MT only keep the aircraft folder.

PSXseecontraffic can use all kinds of aircraft packages .

Just download VRMGenerator from Nico's site. Point to MT /aircraft and let it make an AILiveries.txt file which you place in the root folder from PSXseecontraffic.

Then dl Parkposgenerator and point to your airport drives. It will make airport files with all their parking positions. Those files need to be placed in the PSXseeconTraffic Parked folder.

As last you need to buy a RealTraffic license ( $ 9,95 per year ).

All this is clear described in the manual and Nico's site.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, kiek said:

Can it not be that this livery was rejected for other reasons than the registration? Have you checked the error messages of VMRGenerator?

In principle it should be able to  handle as many registrations as you can put on one line...there is no fxed buffer length in my program.

EDIT: have you checked VMRGenerator.log for exception messages?

Tip: At this ste you can find the registration codes of several airlines and types, already in the atc_id format.

EDIT2: I have tested your Ryan air fltsim section over here: no problems. The long atc_id is in the AI_liveries.txt file ... 

Thanks Nico I'll take a look at the log file.

Edoardo Paulicelli

fsxnz1yr0.jpg

My fsx runs on: CPU:Corei7950@4.1Ghz (196*21) Mobo:Asus P6tDeluxeV2 RAM:Corsair 12Gb Video:Nvidia 580 GTX HDD:2 WD 130Gb + 1 Seagate barracuda 500Gb

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

You can even remove all folders inside MT only keep the aircraft folder.

PSXseecontraffic can use all kinds of aircraft packages .

Just download VRMGenerator from Nico's site. Point to MT /aircraft and let it make an AILiveries.txt file which you place in the root folder from PSXseecontraffic.

Then dl Parkposgenerator and point to your airport drives. It will make airport files with all their parking positions. Those files need to be placed in the PSXseeconTraffic Parked folder.

As last you need to buy a RealTraffic license ( $ 9,95 per year ).

All this is clear described in the manual and Nico's site.

Thanks Gerard

Howard