Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

1 hour ago, doublem said:

Could it be possible to add the functionality to manually specify an area around problematic airports with x and y offsets in that area (and even z offset)? The small jump of an aircraft in the air when entering this "area" is probably less disturbing than aircrafts taxing around in the grassy areas around the runways/taxiways.

No because that would only help to align the complete airport scenery with the real layout, but it will not cater for wrongly placed runway-takeoffs, taxiways and so on. Furthermore it is way too complicated. The power off PSXseeconTraffic is that it works world wide based on real position info, without any notion of airport layouts.  You better correct your airport scenery layout yourself.

However, if you install good sceneries like the ones from FlyTampa you will not see many problems. At FlyTampa EHAM for instance most aircraft land on the centerline.

• Upvote 1

An IMO cool option could be that planes from PSXSesconTraffic could be handed over to P3D-StandardAI at lets say 5 nm before landing or vice versa after take off.

That would mean the best of both worlds when the AI is driven by RL data in the air and by AI groundhandling by the sim itself.

But i don't know if that would be possible anyhow.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

27 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

An IMO cool option could be that planes from PSXSesconTraffic could be handed over to P3D-StandardAI at lets say 5 nm before landing or vice versa after take off.

That would mean the best of both worlds when the AI is driven by RL data in the air and by AI groundhandling by the sim itself.

But i don't know if that would be possible anyhow.

Impossible. 

You cannot merge real time traffic with fantasy traffic.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Impossible. 

That's similar to what the freeware  add-on AI Controller 2.0 does now with AI aircraft. Using SimConnect, it seizes control of AI aircraft and makes them fly the correct approach/departure behavior such as SIDs and STARs. That's not needed for the live AI apps, but realistic ground operation is needed.

Real time AI traffic is nice for airborne aircraft, but ground operations are still limited by the lack of universal use of ADS-B transmitters while taxiing and at gates.

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Impossible. 

There may be a possibility to convert REAL traffic into "fantasy" traffice.

But for the opposite you're right, theres now way to convert the "fantasy" traffic into REAL traffic because that would require to know the real traffice in advance.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

There may be a possibility to convert REAL traffic into "fantasy" traffice.

But for the opposite you're right, theres now way to convert the "fantasy" traffic into REAL traffic because that would require to know the real traffice in advance.

Couldn't have said it any better myself :happy:

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi kiek, 

I have the latest p3d v4 wtih SPAI AI aircraft model installed, but it seems psx can't inject the planes into the sim even though it recognized all the AI liveries and was connected real traffic. Is it because SPAI is not supported? I'm a little confused by all the jargons about AI aircraft (FAISB etc), where can I find the ones that support v4 and how do I install them?? thanks!!

On 6/27/2017 at 9:47 AM, Guevorkyan said:

Is the SPAI folder containing the models added to the simobject.cfg?

i dont think so. simobject.cfg just uses default aircraft it seems.. 

3 hours ago, jayren said:

i dont think so. simobject.cfg just uses default aircraft it seems.. 

You have to. Either manually, or the xml method using Lorby's addon organiser, which I use. Addon Organiser can be found here at Avsim Lorby's forum. The xml method is the best method.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Wow this sounds amazing. I'm just getting my sim setup P3Dv4 after a long time away from simming, and can't believe you can now get live traffic within the sim.  Stunning.

im assuming that as well as the live traffic program, I would have to purchase one of the AI traffic programs that are floating about.  As I don't have any yet, is there anyone that works best with this program.  

Might as well get the best program to work alongside it, while I'm in the position to setup up Fresh. 

Currently apart from Orbx EU and global scenery and a couple of A2A aircraft and the PMDG 777, everything else is stock. 

Cowboy10uk

11 minutes ago, cowboy10uk said:

im assuming that as well as the live traffic program, I would have to purchase one of the AI traffic programs that are floating about.  As I don't have any yet, is there anyone that works best with this program.

You can use WOAI (http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php) which is free. It's a bit hassle to download (there might have been a downloader, but I didn't find a working one those days).

WOAI works as does any other one of the payware packages, even the recent "UTLive" (don't be confused it's not "live") which I use at present. You can even combine several of them.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Be careful, WoAI has lots of aircraft that do not work in P3D v4 (while they are FS9 based) .... I recommend to use FSPXAI and FAIP models. Or wait for commercial packages that have been converted for P3D v4.

I tried WOAI in Prepar3d3 (but left out FS9 packages) and it worked, but Prepar3d4 obviously is another story. Thanks for the headup.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11