Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Route inputs not accepted?

Yeah, trying to get from PHNL (Honolulu) to PHTO (Hilo) is like searching for the holy grail.

Not really!

The basic fpl UPP TIGAH is from online flightplanner. You need to manually add the rest because of the Departure and arrival directions.

Your basic fpl should be

PHNL  PALAY ROSHE UPP TIGAH V16 ARBOR JESOM FAMBU KOPSE  PHTO

From Honolulu you need to look at the Honolulu charts to route to the PALAY2 Departure

At Mauna there is no named STAR as such but you would be vectored from KOPSE to the landing runway. Descend to be at 3300 ft by  FAMBU and 1800ft  by KOPSE

No fpl generator will give you a correct plan unless it intimately knows the terrain. The blue wpyts are your departure and the green wypts are your arrival avoiding terrain.

As for entering stuff into an FMC you will surely have a manual which you need to read and inwardly digest slowly. Flight planning though is a bit of a black art and fpl software quite often gets it wrong. You always need to check the results against the charts.

sounds like  you  being vectored  out  of the  rwy  heading   and  need  to than line  select the  next waypoint   to the  top of  the fmc  and  than press  exe  and  than  engage Lnav. 

on  the fmc  did  it  have vectors  than below it  the next  waypoint?

or  you  had  disconunities  in your  flight  plan?   which  you need  to clear?

Any  chance to  get  a screen shot  of  your  fisst  page  the legs  page of  the  cdu ?

You were correct, the Vector was messing up the route. I removed the top Vector and now have a line from PHNL to PHTO without any breaks. I have not flown it yet but it looks good so far.

Thanks,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Here, this'll make things easier for PHNL to PHTO:

http://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=PHNL&destination=PHTO

Pick a flight, and you'll get a route. As for the issue with the vector, in a real-world situation, you wouldn't delete it right away since that's just telling you that you'd get ATC vectors to your first waypoint. Once they clear you to fly direct to that waypoint, you'd select that waypoint and overwrite the vector. That's something to keep in mind if you're flying online on VATSIM or something. If you're not flying online, then by all means, go ahead and overwrite it. Nobody's going to come after you if you do.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Keep going Paul, once you've learnt one FMC you've learn the basic principles of them all.

You were correct, the Vector was messing up the route. I removed the top Vector and now have a line from PHNL to PHTO without any breaks. I have not flown it yet but it looks good so far.

Paul  you don't  need  to remove  the  vector   at the  start,  what you do is  to fly  the  vectors  till atc  tells  you  to continue  your  flight  plan or  what ever  height the  charts  tells  you to  continue  your  flight plan.  Than  all you need to do is  to line  select the next  way point in the  legs  page  and  than  select it  on top exe it,   and  press  lnav   since   when  you took off you were  in hdg  select  mode  to fly the vectors.  looks like  you getting  the hang  offit  now  once  you done  a vew  vectors  you be  right.

the  same  with  stars  some  time  you  will see  vectors in it as  well   same  thing as  the  sid  vectors

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This might be complex for me so is there a program that will figure or do all this for me?

You might  have  a look  at this  programne  might  not  suite  you but  it  does   show  all the sids  and stars  etc  for  each  rwy

http://www.aivlasoft.com/

its got  a 30  day  free  trial period

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks,, I was watching a video about this and I am tempted but it has no android app so I can use it on my tablet. 

Watching the video it looks like I can select a sid or star and then it shows on the route map so I can see which one to use,,,is this correct?

If saving to .rte file will it save the selected sid and stars I choose and show in the fmc or will it only save the main route like all other route programs?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Some airports with multiple SIDs and STARs with similar names (I think I've only seen them mostly in Europe), you really have to be careful. Really read the charts because there are some procedures designed for twin-engine jets, some designed for aircraft of a certain weight, and some designed for aircraft that can meet certain climb restrictions, and if you can't follow those procedures, you need to select a different one. Then there's some that apply only at certain times of the day. Frankfurt is one of those airports that does this.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Terminal procedure selection gets a lot easier if you have the charts.  Otherwise it's like trying to hunt frogs blindfolded.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I really like the way EFB displays the Sids and Stars but want to know if anyone has been able to link it to their tablet. Costly at over 70 bucks but it does show me what I need  to know. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I really like the way EFB displays the Sids and Stars but want to know if anyone has been able to link it to their tablet. Costly at over 70 bucks but it does show me what I need  to know. 

The Navigraph Cloud is made for tablets and phones: https://www.navigraph.com/ChartsCloud.aspx

I am using a similar product but it is for desktops.  I love big heavy workstations with lots of power, I can't picture myself using a tablet.

Dan Downs KCRP

I use Navigraph cloud, I think its $20 a month for all updated airacs and access to charts on PC/tablet/phone etc.

They DONT have such great coverage of obscure airports though or outside the US, but that should not be a problem for OP and his 747.

There is a service called SimPlates, which charges separately for PC/Android. I paid a one off fee years ago and still use it when

navigraph does not have a chart on my tablet (which is Velcro'd to my yoke). Coverage is much better worldwide with SimPlates although the charts can be a few years old sometimes.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Watching the video it looks like I can select a sid or star and then it shows on the route map so I can see which one to use,,,is this correct?

yes this  is  correct   also  when  flying it  shows  you  where  your  are  in the map as well as  taxing    as  i said  you  can always  use the 30  day  free  trial period  to see  if  you like it  or  not

Peter kelberg