Sign in to follow this  
dutto88

4K bad blurries

Gb-I'm using a single pascal titan. I also have an Intel 750, which really loads quickly.

I've got a few pictures of my setup on IMGUR but can't get the url link into a post here. Technical difficulties.

Jay

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

-I'm using a single pascal titan

dude has only 12GB to play with  :Tounge:

I have 1080 with 8GB will be using same setup soon (i6900k). Worked fine with 4k plus 2x 1080 on ati card before with 8GB

If he posts screenshots prepare to cry with envy...probably wont ever get more real..when you've seen it you cant go 

back to a single screen ever IMO

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Quite frankly I don't get why people are buying large 4K displays--just sit a little closer and offload all of that extra processing. Now an OLED monitor might add something interesting for night flying in particular.

A few months ago I moved from FullHD to 4k and will NEVER get back! I had before a 27" and now I'm with a 55", i.e., virtually the same pixel size, which is comfortable enough to seat in front of it (about 40~50 centimeters eye distant). The richness of detail in the scenery and the ability to read the DUs/gauges real size alike is priceless!

As for OLED, I run away from it like hell, due to the "burn-in" issue. Even my next smartphone will have an IPS screen or the like. :-)

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

A few months ago I moved from FullHD to 4k and will NEVER get back! I had before a 27" and now I'm with a 55", i.e., virtually the same pixel size, which is comfortable enough to seat in front of it (about 40~50 centimeters eye distant). The richness of detail in the scenery and the ability to read the DUs/gauges real size alike is priceless!

Aint that the truth.  55' 4K here too.  It is a completely amazing experience.

• Upvote 1

Interesting.  I hadn't heard about burn-in w/ OLED which from the articles I just read is likely not too problematic for normal TV use but certainly could be for flight sim use.  I'm shopping for a new TV so thanks for that it would be a definitely deterrent especially at the cost of OLED.  I'm trying to hold off for light-emitting MicroLED or Samsung's next generation light-emitting QLED, though my current TV is getting green enough I might not be able to hold out much longer!   There's always their recently disclosed QLED screens which differ from current in severals areas, but are still backlit but w/ a different method of backlighting, and there are supposed to have best brightness & contrast and better black, but not quite as black as OLED it appears.

Sounds like you're happy w/ your 55" screen at point blank range.  I'm using the middle ground which is fabulous for me at 3440 x 1440--I like the wider field relative to height works well for FS.  I like the fact I don't have to tip my head back to see the top of the screen  :wink: 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X