Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Active Sky2016 and ASCA latest update so realistic

Hi Richard,

ENVTEX is great! The sky presets are so realistic, nothing compared with others add-ons... imho  :wink:

If you use also the PTA preset from https://www.sass-projects.info/thopat/ you'll have a new P3D!

Another good thing is the integration with ASCA and, generally speaking, the collaboration between TOGA and HIFI sim which will give us great features in the future (according to what you can read on their forum)  :wub:

Bye, Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Using both AS16 and ASCA and I am amazed at the clouds and weather each time I enter the sim. Last night I setup a flight from Santa Barbara Cal and it was extremely foggy, very dense. I had to climb to 12000 to get out of the soup and then saw the cloud cover cover as far as I could see. I have never seen a more realistic representation of fog and heavy haze and then complete cloud cover when breaking through. 

Also they have tamed the clouds flying by the windscreen effect and it now is very realistic. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Folks,

Yep - another total fan - - - AS16+ASCA+ENVTEX+PTA seems to be the magic mix...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

Yep - another total fan - - - AS16+ASCA+ENVTEX+PTA seems to be the magic mix...

Regards,

Scott

Do ENVTEX , ASCA works all together  with AS16?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Hi...

Yep - ENVTEX loads it's textures into ASCA - so you get all the dynamic changes of ASCA with the better sky textures of ENVTEX... I don't use the ENVTEX clouds - just the ACSA clouds - but it's completely selectable in the interface...

I also like the precip effects better in ENVTEX - less of that space warp feeling you get with the default...

Regards,

Scott

Hi...

Yep - ENVTEX loads it's textures into ASCA - so you get all the dynamic changes of ASCA with the better sky textures of ENVTEX... I don't use the ENVTEX clouds - just the ACSA clouds - but it's completely selectable in the interface...

I also like the precip effects better in ENVTEX - less of that space warp feeling you get with the default...

Regards,

Scott

Thank, i will purchase it right now . Do the Precip effect in EVTEX have any conflict with FSFX Precipitfx?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Hi...

Sorry - I can't answer that - I don't have the package - I'm not in front of my PC - but it might be selectable option in the ENVTEX interface ?

Regards,

Scott

I will check an see , downloading right now . Thanks Again Scott.

• Upvote 1

Mr Leny

I will check an see , downloading right now . Thanks Again Scott.

Please report your findings back because I was just about to ask the same thing regarding PrecipitFX by FSFXPackages which I use and think is a major improvement over the default precipitation effects in P3D.

Richard Åsberg

Hi!

If you enable the effects into Envtex, you need to disable the same effects from PrecipitFX or vice-versa.

Envtex has lots of effects, features, textures and a new update is coming, as you can read from TOGA forum  :wink:

Bye, Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Please report your findings back because I was just about to ask the same thing regarding PrecipitFX by FSFXPackages which I use and think is a major improvement over the default precipitation effects in P3D.

Well i tested right now with both effect active in ENVTEX ,FSPX PrecipitFX . I encounter a few stutter in rain condition , i haven't test snow condition yet , i assumed i will get the same result. I'm currently testing both effect individually to see which looks better to my taste.The best option is to test both an see which one you prefer ,then deactivate the other.

Mr Leny

Well i tested right now with both effect active in ENVTEX ,FSPX PrecipitFX . I encounter a few stutter in rain condition , i haven't test snow condition yet , i assumed i will get the same result. I'm currently testing both effect individually to see which looks better to my taste.The best option is to test both an see which one you prefer ,then deactivate the other.

Yep, as was mentioned above you'll need to pick the one you like best since you can't use both at the same time.

Will be interesting to hear which effect you like best for precipitation, the one from FSFX Packages or the one from ENVTEX.

Richard Åsberg

Hi. I hope I am not going off track in this thread - for many years I have used OpusFsi as my weather engine - and have read recently that I can use this in conjunction with Active sky 2016. I am not knowledgeable in this area - and am trying to identify as to whether there is any benefit in using both (assuming that you can)

Any thoughts or comments and know how- would be very much appreciated.

George Westwell

You may use the camera features of Opus FSI with AS16 but you CANNOT use the weather injection of Opus FSI while using weather injection from AS16.  Only one weather engine can be used while running your sim.

WAT1460.png