dmitriyy

Saitek Throttle Quadrant Not Recognized

The block plugs into the PS/2 port on the yoke. The power light on the throttle quadrant lights up. The OS does not see the quadrant (not even as an unknown device in the Device Manager), nor does it do anything inside X-Plane's calibration panel.

I have tried to download the drivers, but on the plug-in step, the Next button does not light up. I have also tried starting it with it unplugged, as well as plugged in, and have done multiple system reboots.

OS: Windows 10 64-bit with latest updates from Microsoft

X-Plane 11

Yoke and Rudder Pedals got recognized without problems

Perhaps the drivers on the site are for the USB model, and not one that goes into the PS/2 port on the Yoke? I am not able to access the original CD that shipped with the system.

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The quadrant should work without drivers. If your yoke is working, it's not a USB problem. Is this something new or has it never worked? As a quick check, make sure that there are no bent pins in the connection from the quadrant to the yoke.

I think your problem is a X-Plane 11 issue.  The are many posts at the org where users are having trouble with X11 and Saitek throttles.  Try your throttle in X-Plane 10 and report back.

Todd

15 hours ago, TPerson said:

I think your problem is a X-Plane 11 issue.  The are many posts at the org where users are having trouble with X11 and Saitek throttles.  Try your throttle in X-Plane 10 and report back.

Todd

But the OP said that the OS does not see the quadrant:

"The OS does not see the quadrant (not even as an unknown device in the Device Manager)"

This would tend to rule out the problem being caused by X-Plane unless it makes some fundamental change to Windows.

vortex681 you're making the same assumption that the OP is making.  Windows doesn't see the PS/2 type throttle quadrant as a separate device.  The Saitek Pro Flight Yoke comes with a throttle quadrant.  That throttle quadrant plugs into the back of the yoke via a PS/2 type plug.  The yoke is then plugged into your computer via one USB plug and the OS (and FSX/P3D or X-Plane) then picks up the Pro Flight Yoke as a device with 5 axis, X and Y for the yoke and Z, Rx, and Ry for the throttle quadrant.

I have a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke with the PS/2 throttle quadrant, an additional USB Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals, and the Cessna Trim Wheel.  Windows 10 Device Manager only shows 4 devices connected.  That PS/2 throttle quadrant is rolled into the flight yoke.

To the OP.  Open up Control Panel in Windows 10 and select Devices and Printers.  Look for the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke icon and right click on it.  Select Game controller settings in the menu that pops up and then on the Game Controllers window highlight Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and then press the Properties button.  You will then see a screen where you can test all of your buttons and you should see 5 axes.  Move your throttle quadrant levers and you should see the corresponding axis move on the screen.  If it works there then you have eliminated the OS as the problem.

Todd

Todd, good advice. I had a Saitek yoke (briefly) so understand how it works. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that the OP was saying that the throttle element of the yoke was not being detected by Windows which would have indicated either a problem with the quadrant or the connection to the yoke.