Hoang

How to know what FSX is loading?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have just started a very long flight from Houston KIAH to Doha OTHH with PMDG 773. At FSDT Houston I get around 15-30fps in the VC, VAS around 3GB but it was smooth and everything seems normal. After take off it went below 20FPS all the way to cruise and kept dropping to around 10-12FPS, VAS stayed at 3GB/3.1GB which amazed me because most of the time the VAS should drop and FPS increase. Last time I flew out of here it was fine.

I saved the flight, restart the sim and now I get well above 30FPS (which is normal during cruise stage).

I wonder what the sim was trying to load or what was the cause of the low FPS, it seems restarting the sim fix the issue. Is there a way to monitor what FSX is loading when using it?

Thank you,
Hoang Le

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you sure it was the Sim trying to load something or your computer starting an antivirus scan or

similar?  Browser shutdown while flying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You *might* want to try another airport other than FSDT for another long haul.  They use scripting and it's possible that their script was still running.  Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, charliearon said:

Are you sure it was the Sim trying to load something or your computer starting an antivirus scan or

similar?  Browser shutdown while flying?

Hi,

Yes I am pretty sure, because my computer only run programs that related to FSX:SE and the sim itself. It takes about 30 seconds for me to restart the sim and the performance is great again.

2 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

You *might* want to try another airport other than FSDT for another long haul.  They use scripting and it's possible that their script was still running.  Just a thought.

Hi,

This is just the second time I depart from Houston KIAH, the first time it was fine. I will try several more test if the problem is from their airport.

In addition I am having several problems with their products stop working when using FSX:SE, got frustrated several times and looking forward for their troubleshoot in FSDT forum.

Thank you,

Hoang Le

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hoang Le said:

Is there a way to monitor what FSX is loading when using it?

You can install and run "ProcMon (Process Monitor)" and filter on the FSX process.  Also built-in Windows resource monitor.  Not sure it will provide info you can actually take action on though.

 

scott s.

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scott967 said:

You can install and run "ProcMon (Process Monitor)" and filter on the FSX process.  Also built-in Windows resource monitor.  Not sure it will provide info you can actually take action on though.

 

scott s.

.

 

Hi,

Thank you I am using it to monitor my FSX now. Will do another flight out of KIAH today to find out.
Cheers!
Hoang Le

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now