Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

Got it to download in the end with a download manager. Just done my first flight KMRY > KTVL and it was a blast. Was messy as hell I need to read up on that auto pilot :D but great fun.

1 hour ago, JRS182 said:

Got it to download in the end with a download manager. Just done my first flight KMRY > KTVL and it was a blast. Was messy as hell I need to read up on that auto pilot :D but great fun.

I had a similar experience on my first flight which, as much as I fought it being male, pushed me to the excellent manual. Second flight after reading the manual and using the included normal procedures, was excellent.

- Aaron

The more I fly this bird the less I want to fly anything else!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

18 hours ago, Guevorkyan said:

Thanks Alain

Yes I experimented the gyro turning the opposite direction upon initiating a roll turn or steering turn. That it fairly realistic IMO as is typical of how a vacuum gyro works.

The 10° drift I talk about, can be reproduced when the AP is ON and in HDG mode. After some time en-route, it would drift the said amount of degrees. I would suppose it's a limitation in the sim when it takes into account the sudden magentic variation of a given place. I believe there was a key button in the sim which would reset the gyro.

We've tested the gyro(s) in the sim for an extended period of time and we didn't find anything wrong with either our code or the heading indication in the sim, except for the normal gyro drift that all pilots experience over time. Gyros need to be reset periodically to the heading on the magnetic compass (or ground indications) and this is what the simulator tries to reproduce. It has nothing to do with how the rotating gyro cards are programmed; they receive their input signal (values) directly from the sim.

As mentioned in my previous post, you can change the gyro type from "electric" (2) to "electro-mag slaved (flux gate)" (3) in the "aircraft.cfg" to reduce your workload during flight (for example, the default Lear 45 and larger aircraft in FSX use type 3 gyros). This will disable the FREE mode of operation however. You can also disable gyro drift in your sim settings.

There is an interesting article on Wikipedia about heading indicators (explaining gyro drift among other things), for those who are interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heading_indicator

There is also a discussion about heading indicators in the "Cockpit Basics" section of the Prepar3D user guide.

Hope this helps.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

2 hours ago, Dean33 said:

The more I fly this bird the less I want to fly anything else!

The same here.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Xtreme67, if you can check the transfer / fill function for the fuselage tank you may notice a bug. With engines running on the ramp I was checking the fill function on the fuel panel and as soon as I selected fill position both engines shut down. I tried it two times and saw the same effect That could not happen in the actual airplane but I don't no how deep you modeled the fuel system.Using Win 8.1 and P3D V3. Nice job on the new sound effects for the systems, I noticed the trim motion audio clicker right away with the flaps up, just like the airplane.

Gary Stewart

5 minutes ago, CW46 said:

, I noticed the trim motion audio clicker right away with the flaps up, just like the airplane.

I noticed this and thought I had autopilot engaged. Could you explain please - why / when does it click?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

It has a two speed pitch trim system, it runs full rate when flaps are down (lower airspeed requires more trim in motion) and runs at reduced rate with flaps up.The reason being is at high speed a pitch trim runaway could result in an unrecoverable condition if the stabilizer ran full nose up or down.The audio clicker alerts the pilot whenever the trim is in motion when the flaps are up and is normal when on autopilot or hand flying. I don't recall what serial number this affects but the it was on the later serial 25 I flew as well as the model 35. We did this training in simulators and it requires both pilots exerting force on the control column until you can get the speed under control and a gear and flap condition for landing. Invariably they gave you worst case and they would jam the stab full up or down. Makes for interesting crew coordination. Worst case would be high speed cruise where you have to get control of an over speed, nose down attitude, in a nose up condition you can use roll to regain pitch control and buy some time until you get the stab or airspeed to a flyable condition.

Gary Stewart

Clearly you guys are way more knowledgeable about the aircraft than I, so perhaps a silly question. When flipping the autopilot off and attempting to set initial trim, the aircraft jumps to a pretty severe nose dive. How should I be handling this better so that the transition from autopilot to manual stick is smoother?

- Aaron

1 hour ago, CW46 said:

Xtreme67, if you can check the transfer / fill function for the fuselage tank you may notice a bug. With engines running on the ramp I was checking the fill function on the fuel panel and as soon as I selected fill position both engines shut down. I tried it two times and saw the same effect That could not happen in the actual airplane but I don't no how deep you modeled the fuel system.Using Win 8.1 and P3D V3. Nice job on the new sound effects for the systems, I noticed the trim motion audio clicker right away with the flaps up, just like the airplane.

Thank you for the nice comments!

The engines should obviously not shut down with the fuselage tank switch set to FILL and the wing tanks not empty. This is a known issue that will be fixed in a future patch. The reason it does that is because, in the current configuration, the engines are fed from the fuselage tank when the switch is set to FILL. This should not be (as mentioned in the manual) and if the fuselage tank is empty, the engines will shut down unfortunately. I guess the issue was never reported during our beta tests because testers never checked the fuselage tank switch on the ramp with the fuselage tank completely empty. Thank you for reporting the issue.

As for the fuel system, while it is not totally identical to the one in the real aircraft due to software limitations in the simulation platforms, we tried our best to make it very similar to the real thing in order for complete procedures to be performed. Some of the switch functions on the addon’s fuel panel are different from those in the real aircraft. The differences between the addon and the real aircraft are fully explained in the manual.

You will find a complete discussion about your addon's fuel system in section 5, page 6, of the manual.

Hope this helps.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

Has anybody been successful with integrating the Flight1 GNS530 in the existing GPS500 Bezel?

I used an existing solution (rxp GNS530 integration) provided by avsim user KDFW as an example.

I modified the panel.cfg with F1GNS!GNS530VC,x,x,x,x, Unit1 (in the Virtual Cockpit 00)

[Vcockpit00]

Background_color=36,36,36

size_mm=1024

visible=1

pixel_size=1024,1024

no_luminous=1

texture=$GLJ25_01_G_C

gauge00=F1GNS!GNS530VC, X, X, X, X (X values copied from the RXP integration without bezel)

The issue is that the F1 GNS530 is not visible in the VC after switching the device on. RM and Inverters are switched on. The 2D pop up is working and connected to the avionics. When turning the GPS500 power button the screen color only changes from grey to black. I was able to implement the Roland weather radar into the dummy radar. Maybe an issue with the existing gauges overwriting the new entry in the config? Is the VC 00 the correct place to insert? Do the [WINDOW] entries in the panel cfg have an negative impact? Did i miss something?  Do I have to make any changes in the F1GNS.ini file?

Hoping that anybody can help me. Thank you very much

You have also to click on an icon/button in the VC to show the GNS.
Can't recall which one but it is very small :biggrin:. Will check when I'm home.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

You have also to click on an icon/button in the VC to show the GNS.
Can't recall which one but it is very small :biggrin:. Will check when I'm home.

Thank you Egbert. I think you are talking about the small OPT Panel button in the upper right corner - right above the GPS. Already checked this, it switches

over to the VC03 or VC04 option. I am expecting the F1GNS530 to be shown in the VC00 and VC01. VC01 shows the weather radar correctly.

I observed that i am able to control the weather radar via the GPS buttons? A little bit strange.

If your F1 GNS is working in the given GPS500 bezel (NOT 2D installation in VC03) please share your panel cfg. Much appreciated

If I use  the following entry it  will show up as a 2D with bezel in the GPS 500 bezel.

gauge00=F1GNS!GNS530,265,310,480,385, UNIT1.VC

I am wondering why the "no bezel version" --> gauge00=F1GNS!GNS530VC,265,310,480,385, UNIT1 does not work

Can anybody help?

1 hour ago, EDHE27 said:

Thank you Egbert. I think you are talking about the small OPT Panel button in the upper right corner - right above the GPS. Already checked this, it switches

over to the VC03 or VC04 option. I am expecting the F1GNS530 to be shown in the VC00 and VC01. VC01 shows the weather radar correctly.

I observed that i am able to control the weather radar via the GPS buttons? A little bit strange.

If your F1 GNS is working in the given GPS500 bezel (NOT 2D installation in VC03) please share your panel cfg. Much appreciated

I don't think there's a 3D gauge of the GNS or GTN am I correct?  I don't have version  2.1 installed so I cannot confirm 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |