Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch v2.4.1 available

Got the GTN working it was the AMD drivers 17.2.1

Back to the old problem where is does not close down. Always on works but I would like to power on and off with AVIONICS switch. It does switch off but the last screen showing stays.

GNS works with no problems on switch off.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Piper5299X said:

except PE

Although there was indeed a bug in the TCAD code which displayed only 1 target at a time, sometimes the closest or sometimes the most threatening one, maybe the problem you are having is a of a different nature.

Can you try first without PE, and add a number of AI targets? (mind you, it took me google to find out the setting, it is on the page where you select the aircraft you want to fly with, on top of this list to the right there is a "AI Aircraft" button which I kept misreading as "All Aircraft" since beta 1 LOL!)

Looking at their release notes the latest version is 1.2.2 and the last few ones have changes regarding TCAS specifically. I can see something interesting: "removed possibility of ghost targets on TCAS for various TCAS implementations that don't actually check to see how many active targets there are before they iterate the full list of multiplayer aircraft" and I'm wondering if they, or we, properly use the correct functions on each side to know how many targets there are. I'll inquire with Keith and let you know. 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 hours ago, RXP said:

Can you try first without PE, and add a number of AI targets?

Well, apparently XP11-pb13 does not do AI traffic. I select the AI traffic to as low as 3, to as much as 20, and no AI traffic, at KSEA or KSNA anyway.

Just let me know what Keith says, because I've never cared for XP AI traffic anyway.

Tommy

PS, No TAWS either.

PSS, getting closer, RXP GTN seems to be very stable now. 

Do I understand correctly you can't see any traffic outside, regardless of the XP11 settings? If so there has to be something wrong with the XP11 installation/configuration. You might want to check the developer menu | show traffic path (should read something close to this). This option highlights all AI traffic with a green 3D track overlaid.

As for TAWS, I guess you have enabled the TAWS-B or TAWS-A option in the GTN settings panel. What indication do you have that there is no TAWS?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Yes, no traffic in XP11.

No TAWS warning when extremely close to mountain. Also no TAWS choices on the GUI.

Either this is XP11 beta bug and you might want to report to Laminar's before they release XP11 final, or there is an installation bug/missing file(s) on your system which prevent AI traffic. I'm not literate enough with XP11 files to guide you, but you might get assistance on this on the XP forum, or XP.org forum I guess?

As for TAWS, the option is in the GUI panel, under Device Options , last drop down list which should show Terrain Proximity by default, TAWS B or TAWS A depending on your settings.

gtn_settings_1.png

Just to let you know I have tested GTN v2.4.1 in XP11pb13 and found no problems with the TAWS showing traffic and terrian warnings.

On March 4, 2017 at 0:38 PM, bluebell2 said:

Back to the old problem where is does not close down. Always on works but I would like to power on and off with AVIONICS switch. It does switch off but the last screen showing stays.

I've made a couple tests in the default Baron 58 and switching the avionics bus off works fine there:

gtn_avionics_on.jpggtn_avionics_off.jpg

Could this be an issue with the type of poly/texture in your panel? 

7 hours ago, RXP said:

As for TAWS, the option is in the GUI panel, under Device Options , last drop down list which should show Terrain Proximity by default, TAWS B or TAWS A depending on your settings.

So, what is happening, is that in the GUI the drop down options disappear. So I have to just randomly click until the options shows. (IE TAWS A or TAWS B or Terrain Proximity) 

I will keep working on trying to get the traffic to show up. I am going to go try out the TAWS A and will let you know.

Thank you,

Tommy

The TAWS A is working. Still no traffic warnings in PE. Attempted to turn off and reboot the Ryan TCAD, no joy.

Edited by Piper5299X
Update!

2 hours ago, Piper5299X said:

So, what is happening, is that in the GUI the drop down options disappear. So I have to just randomly click until the options shows.

2 hours ago, Piper5299X said:

So, what is happening, is that in the GUI the drop down options disappear. So I have to just randomly click until the options shows.

It seems the way X-Plane manages the cursor impacts the popup settings panel in making the mouse cursor disappear from time to time. Usually just moving the mouse around a few times makes the cursor reappear. Is this what you are describing?

As for the TCAS, if even with the PE plugin removed and the AI traffic set, there is no outside traffic, there must be a problem with the XP11 installation.

On March 4, 2017 at 0:38 PM, bluebell2 said:

Ok, we've now identified the reason it was happening and this is solved for the next update.

Speaking of the next update, when using a popup GTN window with 'no bezel' the top edge is a 'drag' handle instead of a 'resize' handle.

But the most noticeably feature is: full mouse support in the 3D cockpit! For the GTN, you'll have the choice of popup window only, or full touchscreen, to accommodate your habits/panels the best.

With 'no bezel' enabled, you get a full screen with touch capabilities. Otherwise, you get a full bezel+screen with mouse support for both the knobs/keys and the screen, including custom mouse cursor etc... (in essence, very similar to placing FS gauges on the virtual cockpit).

The same options (less the touchscreen mode) will also be included in the GNS V2!

With this addition, placing and using the GTN and the GNS in any panel should be very easy, and there is no excuses for aircraft modellers not to include them, if not with full 3D bezel, at least just as a virtual cockpit gauge.

Both should be out tomorrow!

14 hours ago, bluebell2 said:

Sounds great, looking forward to update.:biggrin: