Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

VAS OOM RANT!

Those of you that were with us on Sunday's Gunter flight will recall my having a bit of rant about VAS and framerates. I know for a fact you were all grinning like loons when I had an OOM. Fair enough, I deserved it. :biggrin:

Anyway, I made the same flight in all respects the next day. OOM exactly the same point. Did it again a little later, ditto. After taking to Josh I decided to buy SIMstarter NG spent many a happy hour creating profiles and learning the program. Thanks Josh.

Flew it again and got about 10 miles further...OOM.

Then I happened upon something someone said about nvidea driver having a memory leak and it being rectified in the latest driver 378.66. I'll have that! I said.

Did the flight again, this time online with Josh, and made it to Squamish smooth as silk.

Make what you like of that. All I'll say is Josh had the earlier drivers and OOMed 15 miles from KORS.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Now i'm rightly confused thanks Ron :wink: I have just rolled back my driver to 376.33 because i had two OOM in my last two fights and seen online it was from VAS leak in 378.66 now i'm not sure what to do. I reckon i have a weekend of flight OOM - rollback driver - flight OOM - update driver - flight - smash screen ( or move to x-plane full time ) 

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

My previous driver was 378.49 and to be fair I never had a problem with them. Until flying in PNW and the San Juan Islands. Now I may be talking as if all my troubles are over, but we know what FS is like!

I just remembered, apart from making scenery.cfg profiles(not loading up the whole world) the only change I made to P3D was knocking the water down one notch to medium(doesn't look all that different)

The trouble with threads like this is that everyone will have different experiences with different bits and pieces. I wasn't trying to give the definitive answer to VAS or OOMs, just my experience. It may well be that my problem was caused by the direction of the wind or what my wife gave me for dinner and had nothing to do with drivers or any other bloody thing! Who knows? 

My experience is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it when it comes to Nvidia drivers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

On 19.4.2017 at 8:33 PM, 1st fltsimguy said:

My experience is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it when it comes to Nvidia drivers.

I second that!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider