Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

New Jetine Sim Computer with PMDG 777 @ 5Ghz

A lot of guys like to brag about their hardware configurations. They even add them in their signature. I'm always smiling when I read them, since the real purpose is so damn obvious... they want to present their computer to the community and show off a bit. Nothing really wrong with that, just normal behaviour.

But oh boy... there's the one guy that overdoes it by a (totally subjective) notch in the eyes of someone and subsequently get's talked down. It's not your's to judge how many dollars or euros someone wants to spend on a particular hardware item. If you really, really, really have to educate the world, make a concise, factual statement and that's it. Nothing more.

36 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

It's not your's to judge how many dollars or euros someone wants to spend on a particular hardware item. If you really, really, really have to educate the world, make a concise, factual statement and that's it. Nothing more.

It's ours to judge when people so invite by posting their system specs to brag.

And, folks need to know when they are being sold things they don't need so others don't get ripped off.  Yes I said it. Because folks like you are missing the point.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

On 23/03/2017 at 8:59 PM, Ron Attwood said:

Impresses me. :biggrin:

Didn't really. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Yeah, but I am impressed with the new system, the service from Jetline Sims, the graphic and how smooth P3D runs.   But in the end, it is a choice.  Some like blondes, some like brunettes, some like Chevys, some like Fords, some like Boeings, some like Airbus, some like FSX, some like P3D, some like 2D panels, some like 3D, some like the Yankees in NY, some like the Mets, some like PDMG, someone out there must still like Level D. 

Paul Gugliotta

Hey, Paul, thanks for continuing to post about the build.  Very helpful to me - am still weighing whether to have Jetline do a build for me this time, vs. doing it myself.  Glad to hear about your experiences.

If I do decide to buy from Jetline, I guess that means I'm the stupid victim of criminal fraudsters.

Or not... :gaul:

As we know, you can build the same rig for less, but the beauty is having them install all the software., optimize the settings, and OC the system and have it delivered - ready to fly. Plus they can remote in to my computer and fix stuff.  Last week I had two issues.  1.  I couldn't set parking brakes.  2. I wanted to update Navdata.  Now, I know how to do this, but I called Jetline up for question, and they just ripped through the Navigraph update and detected the setting causing my parking brakes issue.  So any bugs, they are ready to swat it.

Paul Gugliotta

11 hours ago, Boomer said:

It's ours to judge when people so invite by posting their system specs to brag.

Who's Bragging? "exhibiting or characterized by excessive pride or boastfulness"

I've just read through all 6 pagers enlighten me please.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 hours ago, CaptainLars said:

A lot of guys like to brag about their hardware configurations. They even add them in their signature. I'm always smiling when I read them, since the real purpose is so damn obvious... they want to present their computer to the community and show off a bit.

Really!

At one time "most people" had their PC spec's in there sig, up untill they make it part of someone's profile (not sure if it's there anymore). It was seen as helpful to show others what you're running your sim on, so people could judge how to balance their PC/sim versus someone with a likewise set up.

"Bragging" never came into it and looking over some that still do like to show, so what!

Chris Jefferies in this topic "Brags" he has a non overclocked 4790 and a 970.

Damm that guy for bragging and showing off. How dare he?

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Damm that guy for bragging and showing

Reminds me  of  some users  that  brag  that they have  their  sliders all maxed  out  and  don't  have  any issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Reminds me  of  some users  that  brag  that they have  their  sliders all maxed  out  and  don't  have  any issues

Yes how dare they have a well set up and sweet running PC and know how to balance the sim and get the most out of it without OOM.

You should ask jim to ban them.

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes how dare they have a well set up and sweet running PC and know how to balance the sim and get the most out of it without OOM. Thats bragging now is it? 

yep   if  they keep  telling  users all the time  over  and  over its called bragging

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Seems we would all get along much better if we all have old PC, badly set up and running and all had OOM before we took off.

But if that kept happening and we all told everyone "am OOM all the time" then we would be all bragging again?:blink:

err  whats  a  oom  never  had  one  of  those:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg

15 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

err  whats  a  oom  never  had  one  of  those:biggrin:

Are you bragging Peter ? :laugh: :biggrin: