shlomiAB

Hard stutters in my P3D v3.4

Recommended Posts

Hi
I am using p3d v3.4 and in this addons:
Orbx FTX global + vector + openLC North America and Europe + FTX trees and FTX England + Ireland + North Germany.
Rex 4 
PMDG 737,747 V3,777
Aerosoft airbus a318-321


I installed all my sceneries and addons and then tried to fly and I got in PMDG and Aerosoft between 30-55 FPS but it is unstable it can be for a second 55 FPS and second after that to be 30 FPS and some less (28-29 FPS)

More to this I have really hard stutters in virtual cockpit and if I try to move inside cockpit it really slow and the picture is like stuck.

My PC:
i7 6700k 4.8ghz (Overclocked)
GTX 1080
16GB Ram
Corsair h115i liquid cooling


What can i do about it? I tried everything and nothing solve it.
I can't fly like this, also I made a try and I reinstalled p3d without addons only PMDG and scenery I got same problem (without FTX and REX)
Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Remove everything.

Create new cfg file. Don't modify anything.

Add one scenery  at a time using the same aircraft to test.

The offending scenery/aircraft will reveal itself.

 

Mark

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, newtie said:

Remove everything.

Create new cfg file. Don't modify anything.

Add one scenery  at a time using the same aircraft to test.

The offending scenery/aircraft will reveal itself.

 

Mark

 

I already did it 

it's happen without any addons except PMDG and the scenery.

same problem with all this addons

what to do?

Share this post


Link to post

It may or may not be. You need to find out.

Basic troubleshooting is a reductive process.

You start removing things until you start making progress.

Are you sure you did everything I asked in the original post?

Share this post


Link to post

Which Nvidia drivers are you using? Latest drivers are having issues, i went back to 376.33 and that stopped my hard  stutters 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, newtie said:

It may or may not be. You need to find out.

Basic troubleshooting is a reductive process.

You start removing things until you start making progress.

Are you sure you did everything I asked in the original post?

I did scan with my NOD 32 anti virus I have no virus in my computer...

20 minutes ago, alyzar said:

Which Nvidia drivers are you using? Latest drivers are having issues, i went back to 376.33 and that stopped my hard  stutters 

Maybe.. it was good before 2 weeks.

i am using 378.78

Share this post


Link to post

Good advise about one addon at a time,,,,finds the offending issue, also Nvidia 378.78 has vas leakage issues....I am using 376.33, which is stable.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, shlomiAB said:

I did scan with my NOD 32 anti virus I have no virus in my computer...

Maybe.. it was good before 2 weeks.

i am using 378.78

 
 

 He wasn't referring to actually having a virus, but that your AV may be the source of the stutters due it constantly scanning your sim.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, MAHLER said:

Good advise about one addon at a time,,,,finds the offending issue, also Nvidia 378.78 has vas leakage issues....I am using 376.33, which is stable.

It happened to you in more games? Except the simulator?

Share this post


Link to post

Try vsync to adaptive in the Nvidia CP. Solved my stutter issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Try vsync to adaptive in the Nvidia CP. Solved my stutter issues. 

I did this the stutter is some better but it is not perfect like it was before, I get 55 FPS In PMDG 737 cockpit

You think the cause can be because nvidia drivers?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

About the anti-virus. The point is not only to scan your PC for possible virus and spy but also to exclude your sim folders from being scanned while your sim is running. Locate this setting in your anti-virus or security protection to exclude your sim folders.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post

My sim is as smooth as silk 99% of the time, I run on an AMD CPU with the NVidia GTX780 and 16 gig RAM. I have, uninstalled Windows defender, uninstalled NVidia Experience, I don't use an anti virus ( and never have), I make sure the Water setting never goes above medium. I also use PTA. And, I never get any Ooms ever. Oh, and I always use the latest NV drivers.Don't believe me just watch.

Share this post


Link to post

Mike, looked at part of your video. When your are taxiing, I noticed you have quite some stutters. Not smooth at all

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

Hi,

About the anti-virus. The point is not only to scan your PC for possible virus and spy but also to exclude your sim folders from being scanned while your sim is running. Locate this setting in your anti-virus or security protection to exclude your sim folders.

Mike

You mean to scan my sim folder while the simulator running and I in flight ?

20 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

My sim is as smooth as silk 99% of the time, I run on an AMD CPU with the NVidia GTX780 and 16 gig RAM. I have, uninstalled Windows defender, uninstalled NVidia Experience, I don't use an anti virus ( and never have), I make sure the Water setting never goes above medium. I also use PTA. And, I never get any Ooms ever. Oh, and I always use the latest NV drivers.Don't believe me just watch.

I don't have FPS problem and I fine with the setting.

The big problem is the stutters, you think also it can be a virus in my sim folder even if I deleted all my simulator and installed all the addons again?

Thank you all of you for trying help me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, shlomiAB said:

You mean to scan my sim folder while the simulator running and I in flight?

 

No.  You want to go into your anti-virus settings and EXCLUDE all your P3D related folders....P3D, scenery, etc...everything P3D uses.

Windows defender does the same thing...if you have that running, do the same thing.

The reason you want to exclude is most antivirus programs do something called "real time scanning", meaning every time your computer accesses a file, it is scanned by the antivirus.  This will slow loading times and thus bottleneck P3D.

Google how to exclude with your antivirus and do it to all folders used by P3D and see if it helps

Share this post


Link to post

How do you permanently remove Defender? I shut it off but it comes back on after awhile. 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know about removing defender and that's probably not a good idea but you can disable it via local group policy which accomplishes the same effect and enables you to revert if necessary.  Doing it via GP will make it stay gone.  Google disable defender group policy.  

In addition to excluding AV from your sim drive, I would also disable it all together while you're siming, you don't want it scanning anywhere while you're simning and it's not like you're going to get a virus while simming.  Most AV's have a quick way to turn them off temporarily, that's all you need to do. 

While AV is a primary culprit, there's other apps that may be keeping themselves busy, it helps to know what you have running in the background and limiting that to insure you system is focused on the sim.  You can use task manager to take a look and make sure nothings running that doesn't need to be.  These days there's a lot of apps that include update services and insert them into your task scheduler or even add a service.  I generally disable those and manage updates on my schedule.  

I'd also try tessellation to ultra if you have a good GPU and setting an affinity mask to only use 4-5 cores, the P3D guide has recommended AM's to try.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, netshadoe said:

No.  You want to go into your anti-virus settings and EXCLUDE all your P3D related folders....P3D, scenery, etc...everything P3D uses.

Windows defender does the same thing...if you have that running, do the same thing.

The reason you want to exclude is most antivirus programs do something called "real time scanning", meaning every time your computer accesses a file, it is scanned by the antivirus.  This will slow loading times and thus bottleneck P3D.

Google how to exclude with your antivirus and do it to all folders used by P3D and see if it helps

I saw how to do this in YouTube.

After I added the main P3D folder, what is next ?

Start the sim?

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, shlomiAB said:

I saw how to do this in YouTube.

After I added the main P3D folder, what is next ?

Start the sim?

Yes.  You've excluded the folder, so they shouldn't be scanned at all.  Try P3D again, see if the stutters have gone or reduced.

Like "AoA" posted above, other windows processes in the background may also be a culprit.  There are hundreds of posts about stuttering here and many other places that can help you try to isolate why.  There is no magic bullet...lots of different factors and lots of different setups make one stuttering on one system completely different than another.  There are only the "obvious" ones we can help you with...the not so obvious one, you will have to dig for yourself if the obvious ones aren't the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, netshadoe said:

Yes.  You've excluded the folder, so they shouldn't be scanned at all.  Try P3D again, see if the stutters have gone or reduced.

Like "AoA" posted above, other windows processes in the background may also be a culprit.  There are hundreds of posts about stuttering here and many other places that can help you try to isolate why.  There is no magic bullet...lots of different factors and lots of different setups make one stuttering on one system completely different than another.  There are only the "obvious" ones we can help you with...the not so obvious one, you will have to dig for yourself if the obvious ones aren't the problem.

I uninstalled my nod 32 anti virus and disabled windows defender 

Same problem of stutters.. FPS ok.

I heard that it can be related to nvidia drivers 378.78 version.. maybe they have some issues. you think this is can be the cause? 

Also you told me to look at task manager when the sim is running the check what is running in my computer?

Share this post


Link to post

Video drivers can be the culprit...the only way to know on your system is to try it.  What a driver does on my system won't do the same thing on yours.

Do you use AI traffic?  Texture loading can also cause stutters...be it textures from AI aircraft, airports, and other scenery.  The speed of your drive will dictate this along with the size of textures used.

I use an SSD drive on mine, and have a slight pause at times when large or lots of textures are being loaded, such as getting in range of a large airport with lots of AI.  There isn't much you can do about that kind of stutter...it's the nature of the beast.

Another thing you can try is limiting your FPS to about 30, turn of your VSync if it's on and see how that works.  Limiting your frames allows the CPU to "keep up" to put it unscientifically...basically you give the CPU more time the render the scene instead of pumping out FPS.  It's worth a try.

As for your task manager stuff, I can't advise you what is what.  Each system is different.  Like I said, doing some digging on Google will help you.  See what programs in task manager is using the CPU, google it, and see what that program is and what it does.

Also, try searching this forum (AVSIM) and Google about Procmon...a nifty little program that may give you a clue what is happening in the background during your stutters.  It's pretty advanced, but Google can help a lot.

Finding stutters can be frustrating, but the only way you can find out why is to test, test and test.  

Disable/enable programs, turn things on/off, slide things up/down, etc.  Just keep trying things.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/03/2017 at 2:25 AM, shlomiAB said:

What can i do about it? I tried everything and nothing solve it.
I can't fly like this, also I made a try and I reinstalled p3d without addons only PMDG and scenery I got same problem (without FTX and REX)
Thank you

Are you using a 4K monitor or multiple monitors?

gb.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now