Sign in to follow this  
cptsmiffy88

Reality XP Logo in cockpit

Hey Guys,

I hope you can help me out, I'm scratching my head with this one.... I purchased and installed the GNS530 system from reality, ran through the installers and the carenado guage installer, however the guage looks like it's installed as the 'staticish' reality xp logo shows on the guage, but  i can not interact with any functions..... am I missing something.... I may have a few (naughty) guage files as i wnted to try it before I bought it.....

Help Please....

If you have a 'pinkish' Reality XP logo showing on the GNS screen,

the gauge is complaining about a licensing problem.

Suggest you dump the "naughty" files and re-install the licensed

RXP gauge.  

Bert

Yeah I figured that...... that will teach me

Ok i flushed the aircraft and gauges and restalled... fsx didnt ask for guage permissions.. think i missed something... still logo and pink... also in the malibu

Edited by cptsmiffy88

Still having the issue, rebuilt the fsx.cfg, removed the bad files and re-installed the guage and the two aircraft i've been trying to test it on... paid enough for this software and not getting anywhere.... 20170315_011834.jpg
PC12

20170315_064726.jpg
Malibu

On ‎13‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 8:34 PM, cptsmiffy88 said:

I may have a few (naughty) guage files as i wnted to try it before I bought it.....

Looks like the copy protection is working as it should and is buried deep in the registry. It's certainly not realityxps fault that it isn't working now...

I get that, I've now paid for the product so now i need to find a way to fix the issues I'm having, if it's buried deep in the registry (I'm comfy in there) where and will a registry cleaner fix the issue.... Thoughts?

Reach out to RealityXP and ask. Tell them you had originally acquired a copy of their product to test it, then decided to purchase it and now you need some help. Be curious how well that works out for you.

Side question, just for general IT curiosity. If you're comfy in the registry how could you not take a screenshot of the issue versus taking a photo of your monitor?

their customer service department isn't all that great I was hoping for a bit more help and a lot less cynicism from you lot.... Been a flight simmer for many years and have spent a lot on software so less of the snarky comments... I'm asking for legitimate help and FYI i have posted in their forums too...

What kind of help or comments do you expect after admitting that you are using pirated software? 

• Upvote 1

Hang on.... i admitted it and now I've bought it.... what do want to see receipts??? I've admitted and now paid there is no harm as I HAVE PAID... I was asking for civil help....

Jeeeeeeez.. If you need proof I will show you...... Rather than slamming someone for the sake of it (cause I'm sure there's no-one else who tries pirated software before they buy - sarcasm). I paid and now i was looking for help in order to remove the 'pirated' files from my system so I can use the files I PAID for...

Did I mention a paid for it.....  I TRYED TO TEST IT now I BOUGHT IT

Don't mean to be condescending or defensive but I tried it, it didn't work so I paid for it and now I need help from people who may be able to help.... is that too much to ask for

Thank you for your honesty and frank disclosure of your decision to buy a piece of software after you pirated it.

There, I've validated your morality requirements. All set?

I see you thread in their sub-forum is barely 10 hours old, they probably just haven't gotten to it yet. Standard turn around on most support tickets is 24-48 hours.

As you're a savvy tech person then you probably have incremental backups on your computer, right? Why not roll back to the moment before you installed the software and then reinstall the legitimate software. Plus that would ensure any traces of the software is removed from your machine.

Seems pretty "slam dunk" to me.

1 hour ago, cptsmiffy88 said:

I'm sure there's no-one else who tries pirated software before they buy - sarcasm).

Your sarcasm is totally out of place and just for your information, I never ever 'tried' or used pirated software. 

First off, I hate replying to a thread where someone remains nameless.  I appreciate your honesty in coming clean, I hope that you have got things sorted out. I would guess that you now know that lots of members of AVSIM take offence to someone using a license that they have not paid for.

As a member of a testing team I know first hand how hard developers work to perfect their product, the countless number of hours that go into development, release and improvements.  Everyone makes mistakes I trust that you have learned from this and will move forward.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/