Sign in to follow this  
FredAir

Prepar3D crash on startup

My sim has worked flawless for one year, today I installed World of Ai for Vpilot and since then the simulator crashes on startup with the standard windows crash message. Please help!!

Kind regards

/Fredrik

You'll have to get support for VATSIM.  VPilot has been the subject of many CTD's here.  Think most of the members have fixed it.  If we could see the error (the infamous 14B error), it might indicate you have the wrong version of VPilot or a simconnect problem.  I have no clue on how to fix that.  Just letting you know.  You can check for any errors by following the guidance for AppCrashView and EventViewer on Page 7, AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).  That might help you with clues as to what really caused the crash.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Since you only have this problem since installing WOAI: it might be a faulty texture file. There is a similar CTD problem with another traffic program:

Maybe there is more information on this on the WOAI  or P3D forum.

Peter

The ntdll.dll ctd in MyTraffic is not caused by a bad texture but the militarytraffic.bgl.  I suppose there could be a bad texture inside this .bgl but that has not been determined.  AI need flight plans to fly and there have been issues with MyTraffic 5a where an AI had no flight plan and tried to take off at an airport near the user aircraft and caused an ntdll.dll.  NTDLL.dll is related to memory.  When something is not compiled properly and the sim cannot find what it needs, it will crash.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

As you know, the My Traffic is not feeling well so he can't respond  to any support  requests at this time. However, at one point I discussed  the ntdll.dll error with him at length. As you stated, he does believe  that the error does have something  to do with allocating memory. However, the error is caused by the way that FSX and P3d cache and keep track of AI aircraft and has nothing to do with anything  specifically  in the military BGL  file. This has been confirmed  by separating the file out into smaller files by aircraft  type. It probably  is related to the absolute  size of the AI cache.

At some point, the sim just corrupts its own AI cache and the CTD  occurs. Only running the sim with a debugger attached would allow one to pinpoint the exact cause and that would be up to LM to do so. They correctly avoid testing the sim with 3rd party  software. 

Thanks for that Jay.  I appreciate the update on that issue.  The OP is questioning about the World of AI and/or VPilot as the cause of his crashes so I really do not want to go any further with the MyTrafficX issues here.  I brought it up because one of our members linked to a potential ntdll/MyTrafficX issue.  Again, the OP is concerned about WOAI (which I have not installed) and VPilot (which I also have not installed). 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM