Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkM

How many are still going to buy payware for FS9?

Guest delta_one

Now that development of FSX has officially been announced by Microsoft for completion at the end of 2006 it would be interesting to know what views people have about buying any more FS9 payware addons or are you just going to play with what you have already got? i think the reason for asking this is that we don't know for certain at the moment if anything for FS9 will be 100% compatible with FSX.

Guest alextooi

Hi,I'm still keep buying those add on aircraft. I believe, there should nobe any compatibility issue. For scenery add on, I may put a stop here. May be FSX already have an excellent land scape & sceneries.B/Regards...Alex Ooi

I don't think I'll buy that many addons in 2006. Lately I've found myself playing FS9 less and less. Other hobbies and interests, not to mention studying, have taken more and more time. Also when I get some time to play FS9, I quickly get bored and quit before the flight is completed, even if it's just a short hop. Even if I do find an interest for flightsim again, I bought so many addons in 2005 that I still haven't explored most of them nearly enough.However, holidays 2006 is still a long way off. If I didn't already have more addons than I could possibly have the time or motivation to explore, I wouldn't let the FSX announcment affect my purchasing decisions. At least not until the end of the summer 2006.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest KVRNut

I'll still keep buying payware for FS9. A lot of times I find that when there is a new FS, a lot of the aircraft I love flying are not availible for the newer FS. The backward compatiblity that FSX promises will have to be seen to be believed. FS9 will be in operation for a long time yet on my pc. I dont think I'll be going thru the hassle of buying a new pc and Vista just to get the most out of FSX.

I will still buy addons for FS9. I may or may not buy FSX right when it comes out, but either way, FS9 will probably still stay on my system for a while after. It will probably take time for new FSX addons to come out, or compatibility patches for existing addons (assuming they will need a patch). I'll stick with fs9 with all my addons rather than FSX with just the default aircraft for a bit. It always takes time for the newest version of flightsim to get a bunch of quality addons.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Who is asking? LOL :-)MS, AVSIM,?? :-)I have stopped. Activesky 6 was last for the year

If someone comes out with a quality Lancair IV-P, I'd buy it. Imagine having a piston single faster than many propjets? :)-John

Guest yarvelling

Same answers here basicaly; there's a lot of mileage (nautical??!!) in FS9 yet, and if an add-on is released that takes my fancy, then 'yes!', I'll buy it.....If FS X is reasonably backward compatible, then that would be a bonus too, though it'll be interesting to see just what improvements actually are made, and how fully FS X optimised add-ons develop and improve over what we have now!

Ofcourse I will continue to buy for FS9,...why shouldn

Staffan

I will. By the time 1) I have enough money for the super computer required to run it2) all of my favorite FS9 add-ons are updated for FSX (if ever)..... it will be 2007 or 2008!plus if it's a "cosmetic" upgrade with flying birds and whatnot, I might even pass. I want a flight model that "feels" more real, with realistic updrafts and downdrafts. The whole "living environment" idea is old news as far as I'm concerned. Looking Glass had that idea nailed with Flight Unlimited 2 and 3, albeit on a limited geographic scale. Moose on the runway and moving cars. Severe enough weather that damages your plane, hey wait, I need to reinstall that program...Only time will tell if Microsoft invested as much time in issues such as flight model, weather, atc, as the "pretty stuff"....PLUS all the cash I've already invested in FS9 (and time required to get it running right with turning this and that service off,ect)With FS; the constant upgrade cycle, not to mention the endless tweaking to get the thing to run smoothly is threating to send me away from this hobby and back into persuing music more seriously than I used to. Unless something magical happens with FSX and Vista.At least my guitar doesn't require constant operating system and hardware upgrades! ;-)OFF>

I don't think I'm going to be in a rush to buy FSX since it appears a new operating system and maybe a new PC will be required to get the best out of it - and what's the point of having it unless you can get the best out of it?I guess an extra 6 months (i.e. Summer 2007) or so will see:FSX discounted in the shops (FS9 presently available for

ngxu_banner.png

>Now that development of FSX has officially been announced by>Microsoft for completion at the end of 2006 it would be>interesting to know what views people have about buying any>more FS9 payware addons or are you just going to play with>what you have already got? i think the reason for asking this>is that we don't know for certain at the moment if anything>for FS9 will be 100% compatible with FSX.Hmm...let me see, I still have this whole list a addons yet to buy.DF 727LDS 767PDMG 747Eaglesoft Productsand a whole host of the other none aircraft based addons.I'll be flying FS9 well into 2007 along with the new FSX

Unless and until the Flight1 ATR-72-500, Eaglesoft Cirrus, MegaScenary Flight Scenary, WideFS, FSUPIC, WideView, Active Camera gets ported to FSX, I would be using the FS9.So.. I see that to be 2 more years... so I would be purchasing Addons for atleast another year and a half?:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest rpjkw1155

I'll continue to buy FS9 add-ons. I doubt I'll rush right out and buy FSX (subject to change, of course) so what I add to the existing flight sim will not be wasted. I also expect there to be a satisfactory degree of compatibility between the two sims.Bob

Guest Dakota

I am in no hurry for FSX. I enjoy a variety of payware for FS2004 and still have plans to buy some add-ons as soon my wife loosens her purse strings and let me have some more money to frivolously spend on FS stuff. FSX is still several months a way and I don't plan on getting it till well into 2007 or maybe even 2008, or just skip all together till FS11. Setting up a new system and having to tweak and install everything to see what works and doesn't, does not excite me. I will let others figure it out and learn from them. (that is why I visit this forum):7. FS2004 is only obsolete when you quit using it.