Sign in to follow this  
riccardopapi

SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH CONTROLS AND JOYSTICK

I downloaded the new  PMDG 747-400 V3 (Order # [order # removed])  and installed it. Everything went smooth.  To test it I started  with the plane lined up on a runway, flap down, full power and take off, it lifted all right, I cleaned up and turned for a go around. Halfway in the turn I had a CRASH ON DESKTOP.   I started again and this time from a gate.  It would not take my usual pushback button so I fiddled with the FMC, but to no avail. Also it would not  recognize the joystick for power and ailerons/elevators anymore.     I tried with other planes I have in my FSX; default,  aerosoft A320 and PMDG 777, 737 and  the 747-400X that I still had installed.

Only the default planes would work, both pushback and joystick. (I unistalled the leveld 767 because I got a warning that there was something in conflict and anyway I was not using it anymore). I also, in the meantime unistalled also the new PMDG 747-400V3 because it had all started with it.

At this point the defaults and aerosoft A320 are working OK; I mean they recognize the jostick and all the buttons as usual. But all the  PMDG planes: 737-747X-777 do not recognize the joystick (throttle, elevators, rudder), the front gear does not turn but it seems that they recognize the buttons. The fact is that this problem concerns  ONLY THE PMDG planes) so it must be something affecting the PMSG controls.

It’s a mess and I do not know what to do.

I would like FIRST to have the old planes working as usual and SECOND to install  again the 747-400V3 for which I paid 90 $ and that I want to have.

Do you have any idea what happened and how to solve thr problem ?

Riccardo Papi

4 hours ago, riccardopapi said:

CRASH ON DESKTOP

I'm relatively certain that this isn't us. A crash report would help us pin the issue down, however.

Start > All Programs > Type "View All Problem" and look for "View All Problem Reports" > When the window loads, find the sim, and open the crash report that corresponds with your CTD. Paste the contents in a response here.

It would not take my usual pushback button so I fiddled with the FMC, but to no avail. Also it would not  recognize the joystick for power and ailerons/elevators anymore.

The points to an issue much, much larger than the 747.

Only the default planes would work, both pushback and joystick. (I unistalled the leveld 767 because I got a warning that there was something in conflict and anyway I was not using it anymore). I also, in the meantime unistalled also the new PMDG 747-400V3 because it had all started with it.

Particularly in light of this.

Do you have any idea what happened and how to solve thr problem ?

Make sure you have your anti-virus set up to ignore the sim, and the entire sim directory. How this is done is entirely dependent on the type of anti-virus program that you are using.

Kyle Rodgers

To avoid to load an antivirus (very heavy for the computer) I only fly without internet connection, I only use the connection only when I download  something.    So I cannot tell you nothing about that crash.

What I am certain is that the defaulted aerosoft airbus work all right while ALL the PMDG do not work properly.

They do not recognize the pushback buttons, but they recognize the flaps button, they do not recognize the joystick completely but they recognize the buttons for power and thrust reverse

Only thing I can try is to uninstall something (may be the 737NG) and see what happens.  If it works I could try then the 777 and later the 747-400V3.

What I cannot understand is WHY only the 3 PMDG planes. Could it be something in the FMC where there is FS or PMDG choices ??

Thank you for all the help

Riccardo Papi

3 hours ago, riccardopapi said:

To avoid to load an antivirus (very heavy for the computer) I only fly without internet connection, I only use the connection only when I download  something.    So I cannot tell you nothing about that crash.

This is largely unnecessary. It's certainly "more secure" to limit network activity to only the times you need it, but the likelihood that someone out in the nebulous outside world is going to specifically target you specifically is particularly slim, unless you have some resource, known to them, that they want. It's up to you, but this kind of security stance isn't even one that most businesses take, and they're the ones with the assets people would go after.

3 hours ago, riccardopapi said:

What I cannot understand is WHY only the 3 PMDG planes. Could it be something in the FMC where there is FS or PMDG choices ??

Are you using FSUIPC?

The commands you list (flaps, pushback, etc) are all basic sim functions, so they should work with any aircraft. The fact that they're not with ours suggests that there is a problem with your sim, or the add-ons you've loaded into it (usually FSUIPC).

Kyle Rodgers

You see I am not a FSX computer programmer i am basically and FSX user only. I did not even know that there was something called FSUIPC.

I went to see what it was on you tube I understand now that it ids the program that controls the settings and tried to open my FSUIPC while I was on the Sim but it would not open, I closed and restarted the computer and FSX but still it wouldn't open.

I suppose something has gone wrong with it.  But still I do not understand what went wrong. Unless I changed some setting while I was fiddling with V3 FMC. Thanks God the A320 is going, so I can still fly.  

I suppose I have to install again this FSUIPC, but I am not sure I can program it.

Thank you.

Riccardo

If you are not using FSUIPC there is not immediate need to rush to install it.

First get your installation working.  FSX will reprogram button and axis assignments without user intervention under certain conditions such as the controller USB cable being unplugged then plugged back in.  All settings in the Controls section need verified.  PMDG uses the same controls as most default aircraft as Kyle mentioned.  If your default aircraft elevator works then the PMDG uses exactly the same setting in FSX.  My guess is that something is amiss with your PMDG installation, does it give you the 20 sec countdown during initialization? Are you using FSX box version or FSX steam version?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello downscc.

I have the 20 sec initialization and I have FSX Box version.

Anyway, I had closed and reopened FSX and computer but I didn't think about unplugging and plugging so I took ALL the cables off and plugged again ALL them in and......... BINGO  It works...

Thank you, it really solved my problems. Such a studio of me of not thinking of that, but as the old William wrote  "all is well what ends well"

Now all the old PMDG and Aerosoft airplanes work.  I still have some issues with 747-400V3 that I will try to straighten out, but I will test it again and again and I will find the solution (for now after the first flight AP does not hold, ghost plane)

Anyway Thank you very very much

Riccardo 

Two things. First is you need to have your controls centered before the autopilot will engage. Second is if your controller is sending spikes, the autopilot will disengage. Check the intro manual under the simulation settings for information on how to deal with either case.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Thank you for all the help but I have decided that it is too much trouble to have this plane add-on.  I explain; not only I do not have solved the 747V3 problems but I always have problems with the other add on again. So unplug and plug again (more than once) and I cannot stay working on the problems the V3 brings to my computer.  So I uninstalled, but till I uninstalled also the liveries (that remain in the FSX) I could sort the problem with the other PMDG products. So my decision is final I will use the OLD 747X.  It is a pity but I cannot spend my time always fixing instead of flying, as I said earlier I am an FSX user not a developer.

Consideration:  I threw away $ 90.00. Problem is that once you have downloaded the product you cannot claim. But you do not know what you have received and wether it  gives you problems till you have tested it on your computer with your other add-ons, and at that point is too late. You paid it and you keep it.

Some airports developers have a test before you buy policy that I think is the fairest thing for a customer. If it works you gladly pay for it. Otherwise you do not feel bad about the seller.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Riccardo

6 hours ago, riccardopapi said:

It is a pity but I cannot spend my time always fixing instead of flying, as I said earlier I am an FSX user not a developer.

While I understand that not everyone is a computer wizard, the vast majority of people do not have issues with our products. I think the issue here is rather simple to fix. Perhaps we're just not explaining it well? The issue is definitely something on your computer, though, and no matter how well someone can program (provided you're trying to program all of the detail, accuracy, and nuances of the real aircraft), you can't program around faulty hardware, incorrect calibration, and so on.

There's a setting under PMDG SETUP > SIMULATION that allows you to tell the aircraft to ignore your hardware when the AP is on. You may want to look into / try this before writing off the product. Again, this is something on your computer that, once you address it, it's likely that all of your add-ons will work better. Ours is just more sensitive to improper setups.

Again: our product can only be as good as the environment it's being put in.

Kyle Rodgers