Sign in to follow this  

Ostrich tries flightsimming (Samsung VR commercial)

Cute Ad, somewhat basic flightsim...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Indeed that was cute!

It's kind of the essence of VR, to feel like you are doing something you could never do any other way and have it feel real. I look at my neice (7) with the goggles on, standing in the middle of the room, her arms waving and swaying as she turns, oooohing and ahhhhing, painting colors and shapes in her own personal little artistic universe (tilt brush) and I can't help but grin at her.

She's having so much fun!

If it all works out, her and her generation will have access to a nearly magical new avenue of imagination and expression, and it will all be normal to them.

This is an automated message from the Pronoun Police:

That phrase should have been "...she and her generation..."

vjdfX.jpg

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, n4gix said:

This is an automated message from the Pronoun Police:

That phrase should have been "...she and her generation..."

vjdfX.jpg

Actually, I can't tell anymore. Half of the rules of grammar I was raised with have been taken out to pasture and shot, long ago. Sometimes while I was still in school, as teachers suddenly reversed themselves, citing modern changes in usage.

• Upvote 1

If you leave out "and her generation" you will more clearly see Bill is right.  "She will have access to a nearly magical..." versus "Her will have access to a nearly magical...".  It's an easy mistake to make.

This is one of the many free services AVSIM moderators provides to members....:rolleyes: 

Still, we understand exactly what you were trying to say.  We will never know for sure but I fully agree with your prediction.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim is correct. My third grade teacher taught us a very simple to apply rule to use in such cases...

"Leave everyone out except yourself, then say the sentence out loud. If it sounds stupid, that's because it is wrong!" :laugh:

In addition to that sagacity, she then went on to add that we should always place ourselves last in any series. Not only is it polite, it is also correct grammar.

Thanks for that! Wonderfully humorous...

Imagine being done in by a dangling participle! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

And then there's the grammar police. Viewer's discretion advised for mild language.