Sign in to follow this  
ionfresko

Great Cityscapes: Boston to New York X-Plane 11

For those of us not so familiar with xplane could you please list addons you used (weather, scenery, plane), maybe your system's specs too? (Shouldn't there be some rule for everybody posting in in video & photo forums to mention those things?)

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, elprim said:

For those of us not so familiar with xplane could you please list addons you used (weather, scenery, plane), maybe your system's specs too? (Shouldn't there be some rule for everybody posting in in video & photo forums to mention those things?)

I've had the same thought recently that it should be a courtesy, not a rule, to post what sim, and add-ons used, just to help identify what is what and maybe even drum up support for freeware and payware add-ons.  Some of these screenshots I've seen lately, tend to blur the lines between sims.

EDIT: Just realized this post was for a video, which the content could be identified if watching it through Youtube, but I stand by my earlier comments about listing what was used for screenshots though.

Edited by Jimm
clarification

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Nicely done video. 

Greg G   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

It's a beautiful video indeed, but the shaky camera makes me wonder: Does the EADT 737 fly that unstable? For instance between 3:15 and 3:20 it looks like the plane is extremely unstable in the air, while in other parts of the video it seems there is an extra shaky camera effect added. Or maybe both?

1 minute ago, domae001 said:

It's a beautiful video indeed, but the shaky camera makes me wonder: Does the EADT 737 fly that unstable? For instance between 3:15 and 3:20 it looks like the plane is extremely unstable in the air, while in other parts of the video it seems there is an extra shaky camera effect added. Or maybe both?

Could be a combination of real weather effects as well as the cinema verite feature being used.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

3 hours ago, Jimm said:

... video, which the content could be identified if watching it through Youtube, ...

Ahh,  got it. So I went to YouTube and yes, the OP has described everything there. Thank you Jim.

Daniel S.

Thanks guys! As to the mentioning of addons etc, most of what you ask for are in the video description om YT (so you don't need to watch it through...), including music, and I think it's enough to have it there (I post the video at more than one place). I always have such a list, and I use to have a long list of addons, not much yet in XP11 though (even though I could probably add more, such as manual weather etc). What's left is my system specs: 7700k@4,8, GTX 1070 Asus OC, 64GB RAM etc (which I may add in my signature).

As to the question of shaking etc: first of all, its windy, really windy. Don't remember the knots, but at 3:15-3:20 and most of the other shakyness is simply that - as when your up there for real! No effects whatsoever, other than XP11 itself. I think, though, that XP11 (not EADT) exaggerates the wind effects: it almost felt like storm, even though I guess it was like 15 knots or so. Another form of shaking is due to a bit low framerate/too high settings at times, even my brand new system struggles here.