Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Belgium 2012 free photoscenery

Hi,

Thanks for this scenery. I recently installed NL2000 v4, so this is a great continuation. I have only just started to explore, but I immediately have a problem though:

I downloaded the files via the torrent link in post #228: Three files, 3.76 GBs in total. I added the two folders just above my NL2000 entries in the scenery.cfg, the Brussels HD one higher than the Belgium folder. I thought I'd start at EBBR - and get the result you see in the screenshot. Is this the default FSX EBBR ion top of the photo scenery? I guess so, as if I disable the Belgium folders, I see just the grey blocks in the screenshot.

I have no other European scenery higher than the two Belgium folders in the scenery library - in fact apart from the current two folders and the NL2000 scenery, I have no other 3rd. party addons for this area of Europe installed at all.

Any ideas what I need to do (to save me hours of trial and error?). I scanned through every page of this thread first, but didn't see anyone else with this problem.

Many thanks!!

Martin

BTW,l I see that a number of AFCADs ijn the Belgium scenery folder have been disables, like the EBBR one:

AFX_EBBR_ADE.BGL.a

AFX_EBLG_ADE.bgl.a

AFX_EBOS_ADE.bgl.a

Is that right? Sorry if that is mentioned in this thread - I can't see it if so. (Removing the 'a' doesn't help with the above though).

deleted all scenery entries above Belgium & Brussels, but no help. Still as above.

Oh, OK, I see now, sorry. Having temporarily removed the FSX scenery directory 601, and going back to EBBR, there is no actual airport - just the photo of it. If I enable the file AFX_EBBR_ADE.BGL.a, by removing the .a extension, I get an airport that at least lines up with the photo scenery (the airport in APX49130.bgl doesn't, as you can see the taxiways above). Similalry with EBLG and EBOS - removing the ".a" aligns the taxiways etc. to the photoscenery. Why were the files disabled? Is there a downside to my enabling them?

Any recommended EBBR (or other airport, apart from EBLG & EBCI, as mentioned) scenery for FSX that fits in exactly with the layout of the present photo scenery?

Thanks,

M.

Was kind of disappointed. So many (almost 20K) autogen files. Yet the area around Leige is completely empty.

Fantastic. Here is my ideal combination : belgium Photo, FTX global and openvfr autogen

i didnt find out how to share images here, otherwise i would love to.

the results are staggeringly good

Fantastic. Here is my ideal combination : belgium Photo, FTX global and openvfr autogen

i didnt find out how to share images here, otherwise i would love to.

the results are staggeringly good

At the FSX forum I saw the Manchester night texture.

So I was thinking of trying the same for Brussels, which is a seperate file in the Scenery.

But than connect it to the daytime version so it automatically transfers from day to night and vice versa.

Btw : can anyone post some shots of the scenery icw OpenVFR trees and buildings : Brussels and Zeebrugge.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Dear Gerald, There are problems with the openvfr autogen. the creator of openvfr admitted that it lacks a lot of information still. It was not expensive , so no big deal for me.

i do have other strange problems with terrain around the belgian coast, so i cant send you pics of that, but from Brussels i do have some good ones

and here are a few more of the region around Brussels (belgium photo, open vfr, FTX global, all sliders maxed out)

as you can see Autogen sometimes lacks. region of Antwerp and brussels are ok. all the rest of Belgium not so . Mostly just trees, if at all.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I've only just discovered this great scenery. I've downloaded it and installed it (seems to be working), but can someone who's got it installed correctly please verify that I've got all the files:

Belgium 2012

Size: 3.57 GB (3,840,120,351 bytes)

Size OD: 3.63 GB (3,906,101,248 bytes)

Files: 20,852 Files, 2 Folders

Brussels HD

Size: 297 MB (312,458,696 bytes)

Size OD: 299 MB (313,757,696 bytes)

Files: 606 Files, 2 Folders

Thanks

After many requests I will upload the scenery again this thursday...

• Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi,

I would love to use your Belgium VFR Scenery, but I can't seem to find any active links to download.

Best regards

Afaik there are two download locations alive at the moment:

i) http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105696224/Belgium%202012.torrent a torrent provided by a generous avsim user in this topic (can't find the post right now)

ii) http://www.mediafire.com/?91p62r5x1prd600,lhfbhi4uh6063w6,bdmcxabop0aa8z6,3abdj8rvcnaasjr,2i5okwe04ji5fc5,b3g9aax67928git,xb34waexqhwj3r6,ime6giqbqdqui01,im91z3qbqz3iv6h,3ofl1g3ktk3z1yk,r74uarvnbcqnhnk,ly6bimadv4tfydv,198ipuiyu3ibvs8,kahqzqubic3zv45,6za80kzpto5m32a,q3w83h798occcju,3s16zzx7pnzs34x,14nc2rlyzvfauyl,xfve5svvfucvyvv,tprhu8uyhy8h252 a link provided by CooIP

The version on mediafire is more recent, and probably contains an additional patch. It does consist out of 20 smaller archive files. I'm downloading them right now and see if I can host the entire file on my dropbox account.

• Upvote 1

I can't get this to work. I've downloaded all the files and there are no exe files. All the files are part of a larger file, but when I try to open them using 7-zip, nothing! When I open the first file, it opens into itself again and on and on. Are these files still active or did I just get fooled into taking out a 1 month membership at sendspace for nothing?

Gil