Sign in to follow this  
mortenha69

Programmable keyboard or key stickers

Looking around for programmable keyboard, where you can print your own key labels. The only thing I found that looked any good was the X-keys 60 USB. But the pricing was a little bit steep. There were other options, but impossible to find retailers that would ship to Norway. Or, you had to order minimum 50 items from China!

Any other solution is now sought. Initially I just wanted to find some printable key stickers, but the asking price was 100$+ from Amazon. For a piece of adhesive paper!!! 

Any suggestions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The cheapest solution would be to visit a nearby office supply and look over their stickers. There are some such as Avery labels that might work for you. You will have to label them yourself, however. Also more expensive would be something like the Logitech G91o series keyboards. They are programmable using the Logitech software included. You would then need to memorize your settings, or print a key map to use.

Good luck.

Thank you Rick!

Your first advice is the next step actually. Don't have money to burn right now, so I will suppress my urge to get X-keys (It looks so simple and so "right up my alley"). 

Will look into the logitech solution now...

On 4/28/2017 at 9:47 AM, mortenha69 said:

Will look into the logitech solution now...

Another solution might be HID Macros.  The app is no longer supported, but works well with FSX.

I use a second USB keypad, and based upon the aircraft load a different profile to either control the 2-D panels, or GPS functions.

Ernie