Sign in to follow this  
Airfighter

New X-Aviation Download Policy

This was probably my biggest reservation buying stuff from them. Especially with the IXEG and only a 6 month download window and them working on updates to the aircraft etc. I bought it anyways but I'm glad they removed this limitation.

Thanks XA

47 minutes ago, fkane said:

Hey jcomm, I've seen you post on this topic a couple of times so just wanted to clarify what's coming in SMP 4.5 with regards to the ephemeris model. We are drawing our own sky with our own ephemeris model in this version, but we still need to ensure our representation of the sun and moon is consistent with X-Plane's lighting of the terrain and other objects. X-Plane does  not simulate any specific year, but we've found that the year 2014 is a pretty close match to what X-Plane represents. So you should get realistic sun, moon, star, and planet positions in SMP 4.5 - if you assume the year is 2014! I've talked a bit with Laminar about this, and as soon as they fix this on their end we'll update our model to match it.

Ummmm...WOW!!!  I thought you were kidding at first, but then the post kept being serious.  That's pretty intense, Frank!

21 hours ago, Airfighter said:

Effective immediately, all aircraft and object based scenery downloads will be unlimited and without an expiry date. This policy affects all of your purchases, new and old.

I would say, this is a fair thing. :biggrin:

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

10 hours ago, GoranM said:

Ummmm...WOW!!!  I thought you were kidding at first, but then the post kept being serious.  That's pretty intense, Frank!

Jcomm is very serious with his moon phases :D

43 minutes ago, alpha12125 said:

Jcomm is very serious with his moon phases :D

Frank better get it right.  Otherwise Jose will be all over him!  :biggrin:

Eheh - the Astronaut :-)

TBH, all men should be very aware of the Moon phases... really!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Great news. Only had to use the request once and it was not the nicest experience.

From EGFF to YSSY

Better late than never; good move on XA's part. 

However, the general flight sim storefront+developer community as a whole (which obviously includes XA) still has plenty of issues, and they'll all take a rather long while to fix, and new problems will probably crop up as the years go by. 

4 hours ago, Scramjet333 said:

Better late than never; good move on XA's part. 

However, the general flight sim storefront+developer community as a whole (which obviously includes XA) still has plenty of issues, and they'll all take a rather long while to fix, and new problems will probably crop up as the years go by. 

Please, do explain.