Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Sloped terrain and runways / taxiways...

I'm surprised  that no one pointed out that the user aircraft in FSX  will taxi along the terrain outside of an airport as long as the uphill slope isn't too imposing. 

Dovetail may have made it easier to implement sloped runways because Orbx asked them to.  I don't think it should be assumed that FSW is the same as FSX.

We won't have sloped runways at default airports in the initial release but IF it is easier to implement then we don't know what Orbx may do in the future. Like I said, they are giving away their Global textures by default so they must plan on better things (I would think)

Its like the lack of Cessnas in the product.  I can just see an A2A Cessna be available as DLC shortly after launch. who knows?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Can you imagine in 2 years and 6 months it will be 2020 and a flight sim still won't have sloped runways , more concerning is if this flight sim is aimed at GA operations those are the airfields that tend to have more pronounced slopes in their runways then fully sized international airports.

One problem with the current flight sims is airports can look 99% accurate but what's the point if the plane lands on the same flat runway.

e.g an uphill landing vs downhill will produce different stopping distances.

6 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

Can you imagine in 2 years and 6 months it will be 2020

Yeah, and in 2020 years and 6 months 2020 will be ancient technology. Computers are still incredibly limited. At some point they might be fast enough that you don’t have to worry about optimizations, but I don’t think so.