Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Moo Beacon

Recommended Posts

Hi gang.

1st of all, I LOVE my moo. I put 20 hours on it last week alone. But, I'm a bit tired of the volume of the beacon sound. I know I could just get rid of it altogether, but I'd rather just turn it down. Can anyone tell me a quick way to lower the volume on that feature alone?

Thanks to anyone who's got a clue and a few seconds to reply.

 

Best,

 

Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect you could download the free Audacity program and resample the .wav file and lessen the volume that way. Haven't tried it but might be worth a try? Good luck, and let us moo lovers know how it turns out if it works?

Cheers

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a replacement sound file that reduces the volume of the rotating beacon. In C:\FSX\Sound\MT (at least on my machine) is the file SND63.wav which is the beacon sound. Before doing anything,  I suggest you back this up by renaming it something like SND63_Orig.wav . A replacement SND63.wav is available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9j2n9029fy1llp/SND63.wav?dl=0  .   Please note this sound file is in the general FSX Sound folder and is likely used by other FSX aircraft and so will be reduced in volume for all should you decide to make the change.

Al

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Martin,

I'll be interested to learn how it sounds on your system since I could only test it on mine.

Thx,

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Al,

On my system I can just barely hear it, would it be possible to make it a little louder? If not don't worry about it!

Regards,

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ark said:

I made a replacement sound file that reduces the volume of the rotating beacon. In C:\FSX\Sound\MT (at least on my machine) is the file SND63.wav which is the beacon sound. Before doing anything,  I suggest you back this up by renaming it something like SND63_Orig.wav . A replacement SND63.wav is available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9j2n9029fy1llp/SND63.wav?dl=0  .   Please note this sound file is in the general FSX Sound folder and is likely used by other FSX aircraft and so will be reduced in volume for all should you decide to make the change.

Al

Terrific! Thank you! I guess I wasn't the only one who hoped to make that noise a bit softer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ark said:

I made a replacement sound file that reduces the volume of the rotating beacon. In C:\FSX\Sound\MT (at least on my machine) is the file SND63.wav which is the beacon sound. Before doing anything,  I suggest you back this up by renaming it something like SND63_Orig.wav . A replacement SND63.wav is available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/m9j2n9029fy1llp/SND63.wav?dl=0  .   Please note this sound file is in the general FSX Sound folder and is likely used by other FSX aircraft and so will be reduced in volume for all should you decide to make the change.

Al

Update:  There are now two files in the dropbox called SND63_soft.wav, and a slightly louder one called SND63_medium.wav.  Hopefully one of these will meet your needs on your particular system.  Of course, whichever one you use, it has to be renamed to just SND63.wav.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Al,

You're one heck of an asset to the Flysimware community - much appreciated - sir !

:cool:

 

Regards,

Scott


imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, ark said:

Update:  There are now two files in the dropbox called SND63_soft.wav, and a slightly louder one called SND63_medium.wav.  Hopefully one of these will meet your needs on your particular system.  Of course, whichever one you use, it has to be renamed to just SND63.wav.

Al

Apparently when I uploaded the new files the access link to the dropbox changed.  Not sure I understand why, but here is another link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uum646805865zvg/AABenGkYBMto2AtgMMEDcE2Aa?dl=0

Let me know of any problems.

Al

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Al, got them both without any problems. Now I need to install the MU-2 :biggrin:

Ted


3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 2:49 PM, ark said:

 

Apparently when I uploaded the new files the access link to the dropbox changed.  Not sure I understand why, but here is another link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uum646805865zvg/AABenGkYBMto2AtgMMEDcE2Aa?dl=0

Let me know of any problems.

Al

I added a couple of more SND63 sound files choices (sound levels) to the dropbox.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    18%
    $4,590.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...