Sign in to follow this  
Airfighter

Breaking news - FF A320!

If their A350 and their Boeings are anything to go by, it should be one of the best, if not the best A320 sims available for any platform. I'm just glad it comes at a time when LR have said they are finally getting around to improving the absolutely s*** ATC which XPlane has, so hopefully we will be able to fly proper flights with airliners at long last and XP might then actually be a serious contender.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

maci1229

This is great news.

I will be looking forward to this release. 

I saw some of the video on the aircraft. The RNAV landing with nearly low viability that was pretty darn good. 

Bob

4 hours ago, marci1229 said:

News! - Aircraft Announcement : Ultimate A320 from FlightFactor

Thanks for heads up looks awesome 

Rich Sennett

Yep really looking forward to this release.

I have the FF757 & FF767 and generally they are a good product. It looks like the A320 will be well ahead of those in sophistication so it will be exciting to see this product in  Xplane.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Guys, only an A320 pilot can judge how good will be this product and I am not referring to FF PR, I mean an independent from FF, A320 real pilot.

Even PMDG planes have some serious differencies from the real stuff, more than one real NG 737 pilot have written that, so, before getting excited for a $99,85 product, I would say, keep cool and calm, waiting for some feedback from real A320 pilots.

Told that, yes, it's a nice news indeed, even because finally after 30 years of flight simulation the producers have recognized the weather ( rain ) exists and it touches the glare shield, that's a remarkable news. IXEG 737 and Jar Design poor graphic rain fxs pertain to late '80 bitmap era, imo.

1 hour ago, Mark II said:

Guys, only an A320 pilot can judge how good will be this product and I am not referring to FF PR, I mean an independent from FF, A320 real pilot.

Even PMDG planes have some serious differencies from the real stuff, more than one real NG 737 pilot have written that, so, before getting excited for a $99,85 product, I would say, keep cool and calm, waiting for some feedback from real A320 pilots.

Told that, yes, it's a nice news indeed, even because finally after 30 years of flight simulation the producers have recognized the weather ( rain ) exists and it touches the glare shield, that's a remarkable news. IXEG 737 and Jar Design poor graphic rain fxs pertain to late '80 bitmap era, imo.

This aircraft firstly for professional pilot's and the price will be very high :)

honestly at this point i am willing to pay that kind of money just for a fslabs stable FMGS that is truly online capable :D

i sound like a drug addict :D

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks a PC flight sim is going to simulate the real thing to a "T" is sadly mistaken. This is why when people bash JARs A320,  I shake my head, how much better simulated is the FSL or FF going to be ? Theres no  substitutes to flying a real aircraft, some of the people saying oh the FSL is so real , have never even flown any aircraft in their life let alone an A320.  For me the JAR does the trick of convincing me that I'm flying an A320 because well ive never actually flown one, but it sounds great and does most of the stuff fairly well . On the flip side I have a PPL so based on hundreds of hours in single engine aircraft I know that no add-on aircraft are truly simulated properly in any flight sim , so take this hobby for what it is, its great fun and costs a fraction of what real flying or real heavy sims cost to fly. 

• Upvote 3

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

7 minutes ago, wiler said:

Anyone who thinks a PC flight sim is going to simulate the real thing to a "T" is sadly mistaken. This is why when people bash JARs A320,  I shake my head, how much better simulated is the FSL or FF going to be ? Theres no  substitutes to flying a real aircraft, some of the people saying oh the FSL is so real , have never even flown any aircraft in their life let alone an A320.  For me the JAR does the trick of convincing me that I'm flying an A320 because well ive never actually flown one, but it sounds great and does most of the stuff fairly well . On the flip side I have a PPL so based on hundreds of hours in single engine aircraft I know that no add-on aircraft are truly simulated properly in any flight sim , so take this hobby for what it is, its great fun and costs a fraction of what real flying or real heavy sims cost to fly. 

I think you are mixing immersion and realism. 

One great thing about x-plane, and i stand by that even with p3dv4 released, is that it has the best potential immersion of all the flight sims around. However immersion doesn´t have to do anything with realism. You can fly around in Elite:Dangerous in a spaceship and totally believe that you are in space zooming around in a rocket. Problem with realism is that it can kill immersion if you have a reference point. 

I agree with you, this is a simulation and nothing prepares you for the feeling of approaching a runway at 140knts. Its much faster and scarier in RL. However this is not the problem here. 

In regards to JAR, Immersion is only one of the positive things that keeps that plane alive. This and BSS is one of the few redeeming factors. When people say they want more realism they want accurate systems and they want stable systems. At the moment the JAR is barely capable of flying it online. By that i mean fly it like an Airbus is supposed to be flown and not work around its quirks all the time. The LNAV and VNAV is unstable at best, changing CI or STAR in flight is like playing Russian roulette with the FMGS, the FADEC is buggy, the FBW behaves incorrect on more than a few occasions, STARS are missing in the lists, there is no independent FMGS,  the plane continues to level out at acceleration alt instead of pitching down, normal mode is modeled wrong in some cases, etc..the list goes on.  

Personally if people would fly the FSLAB`s just once and experience just the FBW (and then would actually understand why airbus is doing things they are doing) they would realize that there is not only a little room above the JAR but there is a whole cathedral worth of space to improve upon. :)

The point i am trying to get across here is that we are buying a simulator that needs to be realistic and stable above all. There is little point in using one if it is not the way that it is in the real counterpart. For me when flying in a busy event on VATSIM and the whole FMGS decides to bug out because of "reasons" than that takes away all immersion i have and annoys me.

Now i understand this is not the be all, end all for everyone. Some people just want to fly offline, preselect the route and eveything fly it and be happy. In that scenario the JAR is pretty ok. Also there are enough people that just want to have a great time and not care too exactly about procedures then the plane is also great. But for others it leaves alot ot be desired and room to improve is plenty. 

• Upvote 3