Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Question for the beta testers : CPU muticore usage v4 ?

8 hours ago, David Mills said:

The well-known flight sim commentator, Jordan King, who has had access to the beta version, said in a YouTube comment that he "noticed no improvement in performance" over the previous version 3. So the answer to your question is almost certainly no, there's no use of multiple cores, nor is there improved offloading to the GPU. The main improvement is 64-bit, which some people celebrate as an end in itself, even though performance isn't improved at all. I find it intriguing that we still don't have a published price for version 4. I predict that version 4 will be the biggest disappointment since New Coke.

Considering all releases have had the same price, why would they publish it?

57 minutes ago, Jiri Kocman said:

And it is not due to 4k monitor as GPU usually struck at about 40-50% load, but CPU perfromance.

Or a PCIe bottleneck? If your GPU isn't maxed out, it's waiting for things from the CPU. Which everything goes from the CPU to the GPU through the PCIe bus.

GPUs are quite up to speed to max out PCIe bandwidth yet.  Lots of headroom there yet.

57 minutes ago, denali said:

GPUs are quite up to speed to max out PCIe bandwidth yet.  Lots of headroom there yet.

I was thinking more along the lines of the speed. PCIe 3.0 is twice as fast as 2.0. The upcoming PCIe 4.0 is twice as fast as PCIe 3.0. The faster the bus, the less time the GPU has to wait for the data (less idle time, more time to do tasks).

Hmm shouldnt have sold my 6950x :-)

For me it was very intersting to see that my 6950x @4.5 ghz had no problems to maintain 30 - 35 fps prety stable.  Now i'm using a 5820k at 4.7 ghz and with same settings... the 5820k cannot hold 30 fps it jumps between 21 - 27.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

15 hours ago, magnetite said:

Or a PCIe bottleneck? If your GPU isn't maxed out, it's waiting for things from the CPU. Which everything goes from the CPU to the GPU through the PCIe bus.

Of cours PCIe is under 30% load at peeks. Anyway we all know that with all that autogen and custom scenery is most important CPU hit and all know that CPU bottomnecking all sims except Aerofly.