Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

FSDT Updated! And KCLT!

5 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Ok I understand that part but if its not in my scenery CFG and I am loading in KJFK I should get FSDT JFK right? What I am getting is default JFK after installing all my sceneries one by one and  making sure all of my sims where selected when prompted in each scenery exe file.  

Then it's clear that some file in your system already had a problem, otherwise the migration would have worked. But migration apart, if you install the the updated installer, there's no reason why they won't show up in P3D V3, if they do in V4.

Could be you have P3D 3.2 or earlier ? The new system works completely only in V3.3 and up.

If this is not the issue, I would really like to have a Teamviewer session with you, to understand what's wrong with your system. PM-me to arrange it, if it's ok for you.

Just now, virtuali said:

Then it's clear that some file in your system already had a problem, otherwise the migration would have worked. But migration apart, if you install the the updated installer, there's no reason why they won't show up in P3D V3, if they do in V4.

Could be you have P3D 3.2 or earlier ? The new system works completely only in V3.3 and up.

If this is not the issue, I would really like to have a Teamviewer session with you, to understand what's wrong with your system. PM-me to arrange it, if it's ok for you.

Yes that is no problem. I am using 3.4.19 something. 

I can do something today if you have time. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I dont see any sale discount when adding the products to my basket, the basket checks out at the regular price?

32 minutes ago, kand said:

I dont see any sale discount when adding the products to my basket, the basket checks out at the regular price?

You must insert a Coupon code. If you intend to buy KCLT, this will get you a 50% discount on other products purchased together with it.

KCLT64BIT

If you are not interested in KCLT, the following code will activate a 30% discount on any products, except KCLT:

FSDT64BIT

• Upvote 1

Has FSDT done away with initial loading pauses & micro-pauses with version P3d v4 or does this annoyance still exist?

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

You must insert a Coupon code. If you intend to buy KCLT, this will get you a 50% discount on other products purchased together with it.

KCLT64BIT

If you are not interested in KCLT, the following code will activate a 30% discount on any products, except KCLT:

FSDT64BIT

Many thanks, i couldnt get to the forum to see this

regs keith

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Has FSDT done away with initial loading pauses & micro-pauses with version P3d v4 or does this annoyance still exist?

Thanks.

Of course, since it was never an FSDT problem in the first place but, as explained so many times everywhere we were asked to, it was made intentionally to preserve VAS, because as annoying as stutters might be, an OOM crash would be far worse.

So, without having to modify any single file of the sceneries themselves, we optimized the software to recognize P3D V4, and use far less aggressive memory management and to link the Anti pop-up setting in the Addon Manager to every object created by our sceneries, not just the few created by the Addon Manager like in previous version. So now, when the Anti pop-up slider is at the maximum level, once the scenery is loaded, nothing will ever be unloaded/reloaded again, unless you exit from the airport area, which will remove any stuttering. The Anti pop-up now defaults to maximum under P3D V4, instead of 1 in all other sims but, of course, even FSX and P3D3 users wanting to try, can raise the default, and have the same relaxed memory management in 32 bit apps. On a 32 bit sim, It will LIKELY OOM using with a memory-hungry airplane and lots of traffic, but at least we now have an alternative.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, virtuali said:

Of course, since it was never an FSDT problem in the first place but, as explained so many times everywhere we were asked to, it was made intentionally to preserve VAS, because as annoying as stutters might be, an OOM crash would be far worse.

So, without having to modify any single file of the sceneries themselves, we optimized the software to recognize P3D V4, and use far less aggressive memory management and to link the Anti pop-up setting in the Addon Manager to every object created by our sceneries, not just the few created by the Addon Manager like in previous version. So now, when the Anti pop-up slider is at the maximum level, once the scenery is loaded, nothing will ever be unloaded/reloaded again, unless you exit from the airport area, which will remove any stuttering. The Anti pop-up now defaults to maximum under P3D V4, instead of 1 in all other sims but, of course, even FSX and P3D3 users wanting to try, can raise the default, and have the same relaxed memory management in 32 bit apps. On a 32 bit sim, It will LIKELY OOM using with a memory-hungry airplane and lots of traffic, but at least we now have an alternative.

First,

Thank you for updating your awesome airports. The only 2 issues I've ever had with your airports were:

1) The initial pause caused when an airport loads.

2) The micro pauses that occurred when objects loaded.

To keep the anti popup slider all the way to the right, I used the tweak in the CFG.

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=30

Is this still an option?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

First,

Thank you for updating your awesome airports. The only 2 issues I've ever had with your airports were:

To keep the anti popup slider all the way to the right, I used the tweak in the CFG.

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=30

Is this still an option?

Not needed smooth as silk :-)

André

@virtualiI just tried deleting my scenery CFG and reinstalling JFK V2. I am not getting it to show up on the scenery CFG in P3D.3

Signature.png

1 hour ago, warriorpilot said:

@virtualiI just tried deleting my scenery CFG and reinstalling JFK V2. I am not getting it to show up on the scenery CFG in P3D.3

Which is entirely normal. You are NOT supposed to see any scenery installed with the new system in the scenery.cfg! But they WILL appear in the Scenery Library, greyed out to tell you they are not in the scenery.cfg, and they will of course work in the sim.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

First,

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=30

Is this still an option?

I'm afraid there's not much we can do about the 1) , the initial loading pause, other than cheating, and being extremely invasive, and load the airport like 300 NM before it's needed (it's 64 bit, then who cares...) so, for example, we might load KLAX when you are parked at KSFO. I don't think this would be a proper or honest practice.

But 2) won't happen anymore, if you have the anti-popup at the maximum value, which is now 30 for P3D V4 and 1 for the other sims, but you can of course tweak it as you wish.

Note that, the AntiPopUp tweak is NOT located in the main .CFG file of the sim anymore so, editing the CFG manually won't have any effect, since the software is not reading from it now.

Trying to stay true to the practice of NOT touching ANY of the global configuration files of the sim, the tweak is now located in the %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\Couatladdons.INI, with a separate section for each of the supported sims.

And of course, you should just use the Addon Manager UI to change it, which won't require a restart of the sim, maybe a restart of Couatl from the menu, at most.

I guess you might have been accustomed to the practice of editing the tweak manually, because you noticed that, if you pressed the Save button in the Addon Manager, it would save all the other tweaks together with it, even the default ones.

That's no longer the case. You can still use the Addon Manager to tweak the main CFG file of the sim but now, only tweaks that has been explicitly enabled will be saved so, if you have everything unchecked, which is the default, NOTHING will be saved in the CFG of the sim, because the FSDT tweaks now have their own separate file.

14 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Which is entirely normal. You are NOT supposed to see any scenery installed with the new system in the scenery.cfg! But they WILL appear in the Scenery Library, greyed out to tell you they are not in the scenery.cfg, and they will of course work in the sim.

I have found the problem. I was using P3D 3.3 

u9ZwGPT.jpg

Signature.png

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

First,

[FSDREAMTEAM]
AntiPopUp=30

Is this still an option?

The biggest problem I have with FSDT airports are, they are blurry as ###### if you are 7-9 miles away from the airport. The runway is blurred they are not good for VFR. As well very bad performance und blurry textures.

Wonder if they improved it in v4 but probably not.