captain420

Would be nice to have the new dynamic lights for AI traffic planes!

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if its possible to update all the AI planes to use the new dynamic lights in P3D v4, is this difficult to do. I mean can we do this ourselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think the issue would be the performance it will eat while doing that. On top of any additional lights from scenery. 

Share this post


Link to post

They will need to use SDK to add dynamic lights on every single AI model. That's a HUGE amount of work. I don't think this is necessary, texture lights to me are fine on AI aircraft. Dynamic lights on buildings or objects also have effect on AI aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/2/2017 at 8:44 PM, Harvgordon said:

They will need to use SDK to add dynamic lights on every single AI model. That's a HUGE amount of work. I don't think this is necessary, texture lights to me are fine on AI aircraft. Dynamic lights on buildings or objects also have effect on AI aircraft.

Hi,

This is not impossible, I developed a freeware that improve the AI lights under PD3 V4.0 and V4.1 using DL, if you are interested just search for AI Lights Reborn inside the forums or google.

Best Regards,

Simbol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/2/2017 at 0:30 PM, captain420 said:

Does anyone know if its possible to update all the AI planes to use the new dynamic lights in P3D v4, is this difficult to do. I mean can we do this ourselves?

Orbx just released AU AI with dynamic lighting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

Hi,

This is not impossible, I developed a freeware that improve the AI lights under PD3 V4.0 and V4.1 using DL, if you are interested just search for AI Lights Reborn inside the forums or google.

Best Regards,

Simbol

Great, perhaps it can be used on pmdg  aircraft. So performance is affected?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Great, perhaps it can be used on pmdg  aircraft. So performance is affected?

Hello thanks for your interest, my add-on is designed for AI Models In term of performance please read my reviews in the forums, you will see that people is not noticing any performance hit.

I can see your point about the PMDG, I just had a quick look to the PMDG 737-800 model (.MDL) the lighting system is embedded and hard coded but I could try to design new effects without dynamic lighting to see if it would improve the performance, no promises.

I will try to do this next week.

Regards,
Simbol

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hello thanks for your interest, my add-on is designed for AI Models In term of performance please read my reviews in the forums, you will see that people is not noticing any performance hit.

I can see your point about the PMDG, I just had a quick look to the PMDG 737-800 model (.MDL) the lighting system is embedded and hard coded but I could try to design new effects without dynamic lighting to see if it would improve the performance, no promises.

I will try to do this next week.

Regards,
Simbol

 

That would be great, much appreciated, dont understand why pmdg wouldnt dont do the same for us paying customers.

I myself spending alot of money to enjoy my passionate hobby and cant even do so with 2 titans cpu at 4.7 etc etc and not being useful

Like come on really

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now