Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v4 graphic settings for best overall performance/visuals

3 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

Thanks I'll try and report back.  I'm having issues with stutters as well due to my GPU being at 100% utilization even with vsync on and my FPS steady at 25 so hopefully this will be enough to smooth it out. 

It didn't help a whole lot.  I dropped it back to 2x MSAA and it was mostly stutter free but I was still getting them.  Minus the stutters, my performance is still better compared to V3.  I can lock my FPS at 25 and the blurries are much less frequent and I'm able to have more car traffic among other things.  The shimmering is slightly better but still noticeable unless I do 4x MSAA which my system can't handle.  I'm actually doing a reinstall just to see if it will help and to hopefully get rid of the CTD every time I change the scenery library.  Once I migrate my ORBX libraries over again I'm going to nuke the V3 install and install only V4 compatible installers for now.  I can't fly until PMDG releases the 737 update anyway (or until I break down and buy the 777 or 747) so I'm in no hurry to start adding things in again.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Its still the same like with P3D v3.4. Use the same settings and you will be fine, same engine, same ######...

If you activate new things like 3D Autogen, New Rain/snow it will give you another fps drop.

Here are my settings for middle-low populated areas (40 - 60 fps in these regions):

And special settings for high populated areas like NYC, KLAX, London etc. As you can see, mainly only autogen reduced. Thanks to stupid old FSX buildings. If you try FlyTampa Dubai Rebooted for example 50 fps on settings for LOW pop... (22 - 30 fps in LA/New York depends strongly on viewing angle!) If you dont look to the skyline 28 fps+ These settings still look very good. If you need more FPS reduce autogen vegetation and building to normal. Will give you another 10 fps approx

Should FXAA be on or off for 4K users?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

FXAA always off, looks ugly. Use SSAA 2x instead for 4k and 8x for 1080p

• Upvote 2

I hear water and dynamic reflections are frame rate killers. Bring water down and turn off reflections. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Water makes no difference from low to High, Ultra cost 3 fps or so. I see no difference from high to ultra so put it on High.

Dynamic reflections on LOW. Off makes no fps advantage anymore but you dont have dynamic reflections on your plane anymore. If you put dynamic reflections on max you loose 10 fps. Without seeing any major difference.

Also stay away from "Level of Detail". Let it on MAX it brings only 3 fps between low and ultra and ground textures get completely blurred.

• Upvote 1

The Online SDK Documentation tells you quite a bit. Specifically in the 'Options > Graphics' directory:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

Too bad dynamic lightning cuts frames in half with pmdg 747. if tuned of, lights don't illuminate ground.  I have speed trees off, and almost all sliders to the max. Except Autogen sliders and water. Frames locked to 30, 8xMSAA.

Only issue i see now is with the dynamic lights. :(

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

18 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Too bad dynamic lightning cuts frames in half with pmdg 747. if tuned of, lights don't illuminate ground.  I have speed trees off, and almost all sliders to the max. Except Autogen sliders and water. Frames locked to 30, 8xMSAA.

Only issue i see now is with the dynamic lights. :(

What video card do you have to be able to run 8x?

What video card do you have to be able to run 8x?

strix gtx 1060 8og

LqGmDtv.jpg

YCK7sgG.jpg

vMNswEJ.jpgjC6pyv9.jpg

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Wow I have the same card and have to run 2x because even 4x induces incredible stutters.  Are you able to run that without stutters?  If you wouldn't mind could you post your other settings?  It would give me a good starting point to try to find a good balance in my system.  I run a 6600k OCed to 4.4 ghz on top of the 1060 and can usually hold 25 FPS with vsync on and it locked to 25 but my GPU useage is always at 100% so I get stutters.  2x I get less but still they are noticeable.

6 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Wow I have the same card and have to run 2x because even 4x induces incredible stutters.  Are you able to run that without stutters?  If you wouldn't mind could you post your other settings?  It would give me a good starting point to try to find a good balance in my system.  I run a 6600k OCed to 4.4 ghz on top of the 1060 and can usually hold 25 FPS with vsync on and it locked to 25 but my GPU useage is always at 100% so I get stutters.  2x I get less but still they are noticeable.

You can see my other settings now i think. I also have 6700k ocd to 4.6 ghz. and no, i don`t see stutters at the moment. ORBX is installed, FlyTampa, FSDT and Flightbeam airports.  

Ivan Majetic

Thanks.  I'm redownloading the client right now so I'll report back once I get the sim and addons installed.  I noticed you run at 1920 x 1200.  I run at 4k which may be why.  I'll drop down the resolution and see how that looks and performs vs. 4k.

That's probalby why. I'll get 4k monitor once i upgrade to 1080Ti. What monitor do you have?

Ivan Majetic